About the Job
The Intern, IT Governance Team supports the IT Governance Team in various activities including planning, coordinating, drafting and circulating project reports, and other general project service duties. The IT Governance team provides leadership and establishes procedures and processes to ensure IT strategy is aligned with corporate strategy; this is done by identifying data and insights to oversee the use of information, related technology, and resources to create value and manage risks.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project based work, Lunch & Learns with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many other company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Boston, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Coordinate planning initiatives, including (but not limited to) setting up meetings, distributing and archiving documents, and organizing program and project information.
• Document meeting discussions and decisions into meeting minutes.
• Distribute, file and archive meeting minutes.
• Create and draft documents including presentations, memos, and spreadsheets.
• Develop and maintain project schedules with stakeholders
• Prioritize and manage multiple deliverables and special projects.
• Manage short term duration projects as assigned.
• Provide general assistance to the program and project team(s) as needed.
• Schedule meetings for program and project plan activities.
• Organize program and project information.
• Compile and publish weekly project status reports for leadership and project sponsors, project teams and other key project stakeholders.
• Maintain point-of-contact availability for meetings on department projects and programs, and present to stakeholders on project status.
• Collaborate and problem solve cross-functionally.
• Other duties assigned.
• Rising senior at an accredited college of university pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in a Management Information Systems or other Technology major
• Experience with and working knowledge of office support software, including the full Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
• Experience with Smartsheet, Confluence, Slack
• Experience using project management tools
• Demonstrated ability to function independently with deadline and resource constraints
• Demonstrated success in projects involving detail, multiple tasks, and short-notice deadlines with daily reprioritization of work
• Ability to juggle competing priorities
• Capability of working independently under fast-paced and changing conditions
• Strong foundational project management skills and principles, including scope, schedule, resource and risk management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Innovation and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.