Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The IT Platform Owner II owns service delivery (production support) for one or more IT solutions, understanding both the needs of the business and the technical platform in order to deliver business capabilities through configuration and platform administration. He/she provides day-to-day support for the IT platform and partners with vendors and the Engineering team, as needed, to ensure that business user needs are being met. He/she possesses a strong customer service mindset and is focused on creating and delivering value for our FMI business partners through technology. The IT Platform Owner II assists the IT Business Partner in forming and executing the technology roadmap with a focus on ensuring that FMI’s technology meet the needs of our business partners and stakeholders and aligns with business strategy.
• Service Delivery
• Project Delivery
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3+ years of experience in information technology, software development or engineering, with a focus on testing or requirements management
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline, and/or relevant
Become a subject matter expert on the constellation of ERP and related solutions utilized by the business.
• Familiarity with requirements definition and management related to a software development life cycle
• Experience releasing Food and Drug Administration-regulated software
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Understanding of the principles of a relational database, and fluency in SQL queries
• Strong interpersonal skills that include effective written communication, oral communication,
collaboration, and problem solving
• Patience and a desire to provide world-class customer service
• Ability to utilize root cause analysis to identify problems from symptoms and implement solutions inclusively with team and business partners
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate and execute ideas
• Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!