About the Job
The Laboratory Assistant I is a core member of the Laboratory Operations Team. This position supports laboratory technologists who perform patient sample testing and may support equipment maintenance, reagent preparation, or other tasks for the highly complex clinical diagnostic laboratory. Laboratory Operations Assistants are assigned to one of three shifts and may be assigned to work any day that the lab is operational.
This is a regulated position and additional information may be available from QA on the qualifications for this role pertaining to regulatory guidelines.
• Stock inventory in the lab including preparing reagents, labware, and equipment for routine lab usage on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
• Triage sample cancel requests and other inquiries to the appropriate lab team member for response.
• Follow instructions defined in Standard Operating Procedures and collaborate closely with the Quality Assurance Team.
• Assist with de-bulking in accessioning and Pathology Review.
• Maintain attention to detail for quality completion of each task.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (General Education Degree)
• 1+ years of work experience in a job in the logistics, science, technology field, or another regulated industry
• Computer proficiency or data entry skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in biological or life sciences
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Previous experience:
· handling and communicating important information, particular scientific or technical information
· closely following verbal and written instructions and operating procedures
· working within a CLIA or CAP-Certified laboratory
• Familiarity with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
• History of or demonstrated ability to work independently
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and multitasking skills
• Effectiveclear verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a laboratory environment, in the presence of chemicals and reagents
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to continuous improvement and to quality, and to reflect FMI's values: Collaboration, Passion, Patients, and Innovation
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.