The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Laboratory Research Assistant I is a core member of the Product Development team. This position supports all Product Development laboratory personnel who are developing the next generation of diagnostic assays. This position may include equipment maintenance, sample repository management, and reagent preparation in addition to other tasks in a highly complex laboratory environment.
This is a regulated position and additional information may be available from QA on the qualifications for this role pertaining to regulatory guidelines.
Regular onsite work at a designated FMI location is an essential function of this role.
• Stock inventory in the lab including preparing reagents, labware, and equipment for routine lab usage on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
• Follow instructions defined in Standard Operating Procedures.
• Coordinate the timing of laboratory equipment maintenance.
• Collaborate closely with the Technology, Facilities, and Quality Assurance departments.
• Assist with procurement for the R&D laboratory.
• Work in a lab environment using chemicals and reagents.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1+ year(s) of experience in a job in the logistics, science, technology field or another regulated industry
• Computer proficiency, including data entry skills (such as Microsoft Office Suite)
• Bachelor’s degree, particularly a Bachelor of Science degree in biological or life sciences
• Experience in a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments/ College of American Pathologists certified laboratory
• Familiarity with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
• Demonstrated commitment to quality and continuous improvement
• Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and verbal instructions, particularly with scientific or technical information
• Ability to work in a lab environment using chemicals and reagents
• Ability to work independently
• Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task effectively
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!