Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Lead, Clinical Bioinformatics Operations is a leadership position overseeing the analysis and delivery of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data to clinicians, pharmaceutical partners, and academic collaborators. This position is responsible for the direct oversight of analysts responsible for the detailed review of NGS data from clinical, biopharma, and research and development sources. This position also serves as technical support related to operational and quality aspects of the team. The Lead role contributes to key strategic and operational initiatives within the Laboratory Operations department.
This is a regulated position and additional information may be available from QA on the qualifications for this role pertaining to regulatory guidelines.
• Operational Support:
• Management Support:
• Cross-Functional and Team Support
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a Bioinformatics, Biology, or a related scientific field
• 4+ years of experience working with bioinformatics tools and databases (including but not limited to: NCBI, UCSC Genome Browser, IGV)
• 3+ years of cancer genomics experience in an academic or pharmaceutical/biotech environment
• Master’s Degree in Bioinformatics, Biology, or a related scientific field
• 1+ year(s) of direct management experience
• Experience with Next-Generation Sequencing data
• Substantive genomics research experience in rigorous academic setting
• Experience working within a CLIA certified clinical diagnostics laboratory
• Strong knowledge of cancer genomics
• Programming ability in Python, SQL, or R.
• Familiarly with UNIX environment
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!