About the Job
The Intern, Legal Associate works on assignments within FMI’s Legal department, including general corporate transactional work, commercial collaborations, biopharmaceutical partnerships, healthcare and regulatory compliance, intellectual property matters, employment matters and litigation.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Boston, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Provide direct support to members of the Legal team, by:
· Conducting legal research;
· Reviewing and preparing basic contracts; and,
· Actively participating in meetings and negotiations under the supervision of attorneys.
• Gain exposure to a broad spectrum of subject matters relevant to the legal side of FMI’s business.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Pursuing a J.D. at and accredited college or university
• Completed at least one semester of 1L year
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Major in a life science area (e.g., biology), business and/or technology
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
• Self-motivated and able to multi-task
• Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Ability to deal sensitively with confidential information
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.