About the Job
The Lifecycle Leader (LCL) is accountable for the success of Foundation Medicine’s histoproteomic strategy including immunohistochemistry and Digital Pathology. The histoproteomic portfolio is an important complement to FMI's tissue-based comprehensive genomic profiling assays, delivering key information about tumor microenvironment and protein expression, as well as providing unique options to assess biomarker positivity. The LCL’s overall accountability includes assessing the market opportunity, defining a winning product strategy, and working cross-functionally to ensure that strategy is implemented according to milestones approved by the Portfolio Governance Committee (PGC). The LCL facilitates cross-functional input to ensure effective decision making within Foundation Medicine. The LCL is responsible for developing a global strategy within the context of FMI’s portfolio of products and services.
• Act as the "General Manager" for the Lifecycle Team.
• Provide strategic leadership to the LCT, a multifunctional global team covering Clinical Development, R&D, Technology, Operations, and Commercial/Biopharma activities.
• Work in close collaboration with the Tissue Lifecycle Leader to ensure an integrated CGP and Histoproteomic strategy.
• Consolidate the histoproteomic businesses to create more efficient communication and decision making.
• Create a cohesive histoproteomic strategy that considers innovative business models to build capability and use of FMI's unique set of assets.
• Lead and facilitate cross Roche IHC & DP initiatives to support FMI’s overall corporate strategy.
• Prioritize effort and resources to maximize the value of FMI’s Portfolio over the entire lifecycle (as captured in the Lifecycle Strategy, Product Development Plans, Commercial Launch Plans).
• Make recommendations to the PGC and the Executive Team as required.
• Develop a vision for the LCT by leading the process of identifying key capabilities and positioning the portfolio to address anticipated biopharma development and clinical need through well vetted target product profiles and documented market insights.
• Lead the Lifecycle Team to create and maintain the Lifecycle Strategy that supports FMI’s corporate strategy and objectives.
• Ensure comprehensive component plans (i.e., development, clinical development, commercialization) that support the Lifecycle Strategy are built in partnership with functions and key affiliates.
• Mobilize the organization's implementation of the Lifecycle Strategy through communication with leadership, alignment of functional plans, and driving delivery of shared objectives.
• Collaborate effectively with other LCTs to build a coherent FMI portfolio strategy.
• Ensure proper staffing of the LCT and key sub-teams.
• Collaborate effectively with Roche-FMI colleagues to ensure the Lifecycle Strategy is implemented globally.
• Champion the Lifecycle Team model and enterprise mindset throughout FMI.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or life sciences discipline
• 12+ years of multidisciplinary experience in the pharma/biotech/diagnostics industry
• MBA, MD, PhD or other relevant Graduate or Post-Graduate Degree
• Multi-year experience working in oncology
• Marketing or commercial experience as well as global/US launch experience
• Experience working as a sub-team leader and in a Lifecycle Team as a core team member over a sufficient time period to have achieved a significant regulatory milestone (eg. PMA Submission)
• Experience as an inspiring, empowering leader in a strategic multifunctional environment, with proven results in coaching and developing team members
• History of managing complex projects with ambitious milestones in high-pressure circumstances
• Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in decision-making and understand how to work with a cross-functional team to gather appropriate inputs, challenge ideas, and come to a clear decision utilizing a single-decision-maker model
• In-depth knowledge of the global diagnostic testing business and the biotech/pharmaceutical industry, especially regarding R&D, product development, regulatory issues, commercialization, reimbursement initiatives, industry trends
• Ability to lead through ambiguity and a dynamic environment, pivoting as needed and simplifying in the midst of complexity
• Demonstration of an enterprise perspective beyond the specific product
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to properly interact with people in different levels/positions/experience and cultures
• Exceptional collaboration skills in a highly matrixed and global environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: patients, passion, innovation, collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.