Full Time | Cambridge | Massachusetts | United States
About the Job
The Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Support Engineer administers and supports FMI’s LIMS and other related applications to ensure productivity in automated clinical laboratory operations. This position conducts system maintenance and documentation.
• Maintain and administer LIMS and associated applications for a customer base consisting of clinical technologists and research scientists.
• Troubleshoot system errors based on Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and recommend and/or implement remediation paths.
• Conduct root cause analysis for recurring issues to identify potential solutions and to prevent future problems.
• Document troubleshooted issues: impact, root cause, and resolution.
• Conform to all change control and product release policies.
• Participate in process improvement of laboratory information technology solutions.
• Support and train LIMS users.
• Create or modify User Guides and work instructions documents.
• Generate new documentation for the knowledge base and provide training on documentation, new and modified LIMS workflows, and laboratory applications.
• Execute Structured Query Language queries on demand to provide data to customers.
• Escalate customer concerns and complaints to senior engineers.
• Work a designated shift schedule and cover alternative shifts as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2+ years of experience in an information technology support role
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
• 2+ years of experience:
· in customer support for enterprise applications
· developing and maintaining software development life cycle documentation
· in LIMS configuration or maintenance
· with .NET, Java Script, C# and/or Python
· working with Relational databases and SQL
· in conducting root cause analyses
• History of successful independent and collaborative work, in individual and team environments
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional customer service skills, particularly patience, courtesy, and diplomacy
• Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow
• Ability to work the designated shift for the position as well as flexibility to work alternative shifts as required
• Ability to work in a laboratory environment in the presence of chemicals and reagents
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Our Data and Tech teams are growing. Hear from the teams about why they chose Foundation Medicine and why they stay.
Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.