About the Job
The Manager, Business Development - Biopharma Corporate Alliances is responsible for developing and executing upon a comprehensive strategy in opportunity acquisition and growth for FMI’s pharmaceutical and biotechnology partners and prospects. The incumbent ensures these partners and prospects are positioned to benefit from FMI’s full portfolio of biopharma solutions, including Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)-based genomic assays and analysis capabilities, companion diagnostic development, SmartTrials services, and molecular and clinical-genomic information solutions. The position is highly collaborative and works cross-functionally with Business Development peers and other FMI teams such as Operations, Research and Development, Legal, Regulatory Affairs, and Corporate Management and Strategy. As a member of the larger Biopharma team, the position presents opportunities to contribute to other strategic and development projects.
• Executes on Business Development-related aspects of the partnership strategy plan, including generating new partnering opportunities based on areas of alignment between FMI's solutions portfolio and the customer's needs.
• Partners with an Alliance Management counterpart to identify new opportunities for account growth.
• Manages day to day handling of contracting and deals.
• Owns deal process from beginning to end, including identifying and pitching use cases of FMI solutions, negotiating deals with partners, pulling in solutions experts as needed and leading contracting.
• As a member of a broader account-facing team, builds relationships with stakeholders at partner organizations to enable the identification of new opportunities across the FMI BioPharma solutions portfolio.
• Contributes to the overall development of the BioPharma solutions portfolio by providing feedback to the Strategic Insights and Analytics team.
• Supports Strategic Partnership Leaders in development and refinement of the partnership strategy.
• Travels domestically and internationally at least 15% of the time.
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
• 4+ years of professional experience in the biopharmaceutical, diagnostic, clinical trials, or regulatory affairs industry
• 2+ years in a business development, project management, or alliance management function
• Master’s Degree and/or PhD in a business or scientific discipline
• 4+ years of operational business development work or academic experience, including work with implementation within a large organization
• Direct professional experience in sales and/or business development in a healthcare setting
• Demonstrated record of high productivity and results
• Demonstrated evidence of success working in a cross-functional environment
• Strong knowledge and credibility in the oncology market
• Familiarity with data science, including statistics, clinical research, and analytics
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to generate reports and presentations
• Ability to understand and communicate scientific or technical information
• Ability to work across multi-disciplinary groups and to lead decision-making discussions
• Ability to begin and complete all assignments with minimal supervision
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and collaborative skills with individuals, groups, and senior management
• Strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
• Strong writing, presentation, organizational and project management skills
• Proactive initiative in communications and initiative in building strong relationships
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.