About the Job
The Data Analytics Manager in Strategic Insights & Analytics (SI&A) works with stakeholders across FMI to generate new and actionable insights to support strategy development, tactical planning, and execution, as well as develop tools to measure performance against these objectives. The incumbent can take a broad question and distill insights through advanced analytics, whether that be creating an interactive visualization, a predictive model, or using inferential statistics. This includes the ability to understand the challenges and limitations of the data and thinking of innovative solutions for manipulating and aggregating data in preparation for analysis. As projects are done in partnership with other team members and stakeholders, a collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset is critical.
• SIA analytics activities including customer targeting and segmentation, field operations analytics, business reporting and tools, and incentive compensation.
• Develop and execute advanced analytical and statistical methods to answer a variety of business questions using multiple data sources and tools.
• Lead interactions with end users to gather business requirements / metrics and communicate value of the project or initiative.
• Proactively seek to understand business needs, priorities, and scope of work to continually refine and enhance our data analytics capabilities.
• Monitor and assess the effectiveness of strategic and promotional efforts, projects, and practices to identify opportunities to optimize the value of investments.
• Deliver reporting solutions related to performance management (dashboards and self-service).
• Continually seek to bring innovation and best-practices to SI&A’s data analytics capabilities.
• Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline is required (engineering, mathematics, statistics, physical sciences or a related field)
• 5+ years of hands on experience in the design and implementation of advanced analytics or quantitative science methods in the healthcare industry to support business operations and strategic planning
• Advanced degree preferred
• Prior diagnostics and/or oncology experience preferred
• Deep understanding of commercial data technology, including Third Party data providers, data quality management solutions, and data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, others; expertise with Salesforce.com or similar tool preferred)
• Strong analytical and programming knowledge (SAS/STAT, regression, T-tests, chi-square, experimental design, R, Python, etc)
• Strong knowledge of secondary data sources including syndicated sales, promotional and marketing data, longitudinal patient data, payer analytics, etc
• Demonstrated experience and expertise with statistical modeling, analysis, and presentation of results
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with colleagues possessing varying technical backgrounds and can negotiate effectively
• Demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience and mentoring peers
• Experience acting as a strategic thought partner to stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve and think outside the box
• Expertise in standard analysis and presentation software (PPT and excel)
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.