The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Manager, Data Products Franchise Development leads product development initiatives within the Data Products Franchise (i.e., product portfolio). This position works closely with the Data Products Development Lead and cross-functional stakeholders to define the product development strategy and leads the planning and execution of the development plan of one or more components of the Data Product development portfolio. This role provides technical oversight of data product development projects in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. This requires working in a matrixed environment with cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams in order to successfully develop and launch Real World Data product solutions derived from FMI’s diagnostics platform and external data sources such as clinical data from third parties. The data products portfolio includes FMI’s and Flatiron Health’s Clinicogenomics Database (CGDB) and data from emerging products in the FMI development pipeline such as digital pathology.
• Serve as the technical subject matter expert (SME) leading the execution of cross-functional, multi-disciplinary product development initiatives within FMIs data products portfolio.
• Serve as a thought partner to the Data Products Development Lead in defining the implementation strategy of components of the overall data products development strategy.
• Partner with the Data Products Franchise Development Lead, Project Manager, and other team members to develop detailed requirements and a granular work plan for projects.
• Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, leveraging academic and industry knowledge to influence cross-functional initiatives spanning Research and Development, Technology Software Development, Regulatory Affairs, Quality Assurance, Clinical Operations, and Program and Project Management.
• Facilitate a cross-functional development process, team meetings and track key project metrics.
• Produce reports and information on the product development status.
• Serve as technical subject matter expert (SME) in external forums.
• Provide status updates and escalate issues to the Franchise Development Lead as necessary.
• Speak to technical issues or requirements at regulatory meetings with health authorities, including FDA.
• Travel to attend annual conferences and partner facing meetings as needed.
• Occasional other duties pertinent to research and development, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Bio-engineering, Computational Biology/Bioinformatics, Computer Science or other related field and 5+ years of experience in product development or a related function; OR,
• Master’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Bio-engineering, Computational Biology/Bioinformatics, Computer Science or other related field and 4+ years of experience in product development or a related function
• Master’s Degree
• Prior professional experience:
• History of balancing and achieving success on multiple concurrent product development initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to perform successfully under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Ability to travel for work occasionally
• Applied knowledge of product development processes with familiarity in the design control process (e.g., CLIA/CAP, FDA regulations)
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skills in written communication, oral communication, collaboration, and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!