Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The IT Governance Manager, Cloud Governance collaborates with strategic partners across Technology, Operations, and Finance to drive cost optimization of our cloud deployments. The role relies heavily on a blend of cloud resource technology, resource modeling, and traditional project management practices with emphasis on cloud usage, reporting, and costs, driving organizational change management, strategic planning and focusing on ongoing alignment between IT department activities and corporate objectives.
• Lead cloud governance initiatives that are fully aligned to deliver value across FMI–
• Represent the program to all stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of delivery, assisting in external communication and initiatives to improve transparency.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of experience in project management (managing projects, project and resource est and/or applying Scrum methodology to managing projects)
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar field
• 2+ years of hands on experience with public cloud technologies managing cost and usage for compute, storage, and data transfer, along with higher service-level offerings such as managed databases, 3rd party marketplace services, and object stores
• Certification in Agile Program Management, Certified Scrum Master or Project Management Professional or similar credentials
• Certification in ITIL or other IT Governance frameworks
• Foundation level cloud certification such as AWS Practitioner or Azure Fundamentals
• Experience with enterprise-level change management
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience with process engineering and requirements gathering frameworks
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, with a strong emphasis on expert level use of Microsoft Excel for statistical analysis
• Proficiency with Microsoft PowerBI, CloudHealth, ServiceNow, Smartsheet, Atlassian tools
• Ability to leverage technical background in highly-credible leadership to development teams and to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
• Strong knowledge of and skill implementing servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels, including the executive level
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!