About the Job
The Social Media Manager is responsible for communicating Foundation Medicine’s corporate narrative on the company’s social platforms--Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube--as well as through the company’s website and corporate blog. In close partnership with the Corporate Communications team and leaders across the company, the incumbent in this position executes and continues developing a social media strategy for the corporate channels to help build Foundation Medicine’s brand and strengthen its reputation, highlight company milestones and progress, promote key initiatives and partnerships, showcase the company’s culture, and support recruiting and talent acquisition.
• Maintain and evolve Foundation Medicine’s corporate social media strategy to present an exciting, clear and consistent narrative across all corporate social platforms.
• Oversee day-to-day management of Foundation Medicine’s portfolio of social accounts.
• Build a robust and thoughtful content calendar to highlight important corporate milestones, media coverage, and thought leadership.
• Identify opportunities to promote Foundation Medicine’s people, culture and internal initiatives to strengthen its reputation as a great place to work.
• Partner with senior leadership and functional heads, such as Medical Affairs, R&D, Commercial, Data, HR and Advocacy teams, to assist with their external/promotional communications needs.
• Write and develop content. Collaborate with in-house Creative Team to produce engaging, modern and brand-centric multi-media visuals to support all social messaging.
• Ensure all social media content meets legal, medical, and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Routinely monitor analytics and adjust tactics to increase engagement. Provide regular project reports to stakeholders.
• Monitor social comments across corporate channels and partner with Corporate Communications team to determine when appropriate to respond and escalate.
• Serve as project manager on additional assignments as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3+ years of experience in social media management
• Experience within the biopharma and biotechnology industry
• Demonstrated experience managing communications in sensitive and crisis situations
• Experience collaborating with an agency partner and creative services teams
• Ability to approach communications proactively and strategically
• Ability to work effectively as both an individual contributor and a team player
• Strong writing skills, excellent attention to detail and diligence in a deadline-driven environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate initiative
• Desire to maintain the brand’s standing as a leader in social media
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Passion for contributing to a transformation in cancer care, and commitment to reflect Foundation Medicine's values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.