Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Inventory Manager is responsible for managing the planning and execution of daily incoming workflow of reagents and consumables inventory, in alignment with short-term and long-term production schedules. The role encompasses all regulated and non-regulated supplies, overseeing the QSR Kit manufacturing process and inbound logistics.
This position is accountable for the global inventory management and workflow of all materials required to support lab operations across four sites in MA, NC, CA, and Penzberg, Germany. This position will own the following KPIs: inventory strategy including safety stocks, CDI and absolute value, and Supplier Delivery Performance (in Partnership with Procurement), while help to compile other KPI’s for the department.
This is a regulated position and additional information may be available from QA on the qualifications for this role pertaining to regulatory guidelines.
• Execute the material management strategy to support the company’s business and financial objectives.
• Demonstrate the ability to consistently deliver products and services to meet customer requirements.
• Monitor inventory levels to avoid excess inventory, inventory shortages, and inventory expiration.
• Coordinate daily procurement activities together with Supply Chain Specialists and Buyer/Planners across multiple FMI sites.
• Work with Procurement Team to ensure delivery schedules enable continuity of supply.
• Ensure supplier back orders are resolved in a timely manner without stock outs.
• Work with the Supply Chain team to develop material storage and delivery processes to support Lab Operations; manage 3rd party warehouse locations and costs.
• Work with Quality Control and Quality Assurance to ensure the timely release of materials.
• Work with Development Operations and Lab Operations teams to maintain Bill of Materials for each assay; monitor monthly variances and report out to management.
• Work with R&D, Development Operations, and Lab Operations to ensure that material changes and process improvements are well executed with minimal scrap costs.
• Work with Procurement and Finance on RMA process for returns to vendors.
• Establish and maintain VMI programs to support global operations.
• Manage key performance indicators for inventory management and supplier on-time delivery; lead process improvement initiatives to improve process quality on a continual basis based on lean manufacturing concepts.
• Ensure team compliance to SOP’s, and compliance to FDA, GMP, and ISO regulatory requirements; adhere to environmental, health, and safety protocols.
• Maintain availability to work outside of a regularly scheduled shift.
• Travel domestically up to 30% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business, or related field
• 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain & Inventory Management
• 7-10 years of Supply Chain Management experience in a pharmaceutical, life science, or GMP regulated industry
• Well-rounded knowledge and experience in all aspects of Supply Chain Management, including warehouse best practices, shipping & receiving, logistics, production control, and inventory management
• Experience leading ERP and/or MRP system implementation and demonstrated understanding of data elements and planning relationships within systems
• Experience with SAP
• Strong proficiency in MS Office products
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
• Strong analytical skillset and detail-oriented work ethic
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!