Our Medical team’s culture of curiosity and service supports its mission to ensure that each patient receives the right treatment for their unique cancer.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Medical Information Specialist optimizes customer experience by responding to medical, scientific, and technical questions related to Foundation Medicine products and services. This role is a key role within the Medical Affairs team responsible for responding to inquiries from healthcare providers and internal stakeholders, such as field-based commercial account executives and MSLs.
• Effectively communicate medical, scientific, and technical information related to Foundation Medicine products and services
• Deliver non-promotional information related to Foundation Medicine products and services in response to inquiries in a balanced, scientifically accurate, ethical, and timely manner.
• Ensure inquiries related to Foundation Medicine products and services received from all sources (e.g. via phone; e-mail; face to face) are documented, managed and fulfilled with a customer-centric mindset and according to defined standards.
• Provide scientific, balanced and up-to-date information on Foundation Medicine products and services to external customers (i.e. physicians) and internal customers (i.e. account executives, MSLs).
• Collaborate with Foundation Medicine subject-matter experts including colleagues from Pathology, Bioinformatics, Medical Reporting and Medical Affairs to manage complex inquiries.
• Support the end-to end customer experience by creating standard content such as FAQs, standard response documents, training, and guidance to the wider organization to ensure high quality service delivery.
• Utilize insights to identify knowledge gaps, drive content generation and contribute towards a wider medical affairs strategy.
• Manage processes in compliance with laws, policies, and regulations for inquiry handling.
• Develop in-depth understanding of Foundation Medicine products and services and maintain an up-to-date working knowledge of new developments across the industry.
• Support the safe and effective use of Foundation Medicine products and services to effectively advance patient care.
• Travel domestically up to 15% of the time with occasional international travel.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in life sciences (genomics/genetics, biology or equivalent) OR 6+ years of equivalent experience
• Healthcare provider and advanced degree (e.g. PhD, RPh, RN, MS, PharmD, MD)
• 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
• Previous experience working in genomic profiling, molecular diagnostics, and/or oncology disease areas.
• Self-motivated but with a team-player mentality and experience working as part of a cross-functional matrixed team.
• Self-directed with ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change, managing transitions effectively from task to task and adapting to varying customer needs.
• Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
• Demonstrated integrity and a commitment to values held at Foundation Medicine: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion.
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Shakti, Foundation Medicine’s Senior Director of Pathology, and Senior Associate Medical Director, discusses the direct link between his daily work and making a positive impact for people with cancer. Hear a about a day in the life of a Pathologist at Foundation Medicine.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!