About the Job
The Medical Oncologist leverages advanced medical expertise in partnership with the Medical Affairs team on areas spanning external educational strategy, commercial initiatives, and product placement. The role provides external ambassadorship for the most complex medical science and commercial accounts. Additionally, this position is responsible for leading sub-teams within FMI’s Molecular Tumor Board Program.
• Outreach, respond to, and educate key strategic accounts, maintaining medical affairs interactions with these accounts and acting as a primary manager and point of contact for these accounts.
• Otherwise act as key point person for Medical Affairs initiatives requiring advanced medical knowledge that are related to strategic accounts.
• Participate in and formulate educational strategies for large practice groups.
• Lead the operational and scientific genomicist teams within the Molecular Tumor Board Program, as well as their international and domestic responsibilities.
• Partner with key medical opinion leaders in developing messaging, slide training and speaker preparation related to medical oncology.
• Attend and present at major medical centers as well as at meetings and conferences as an FMI representative.
• Partner with the Commercial team on educational initiatives, product placement strategy, design issues, designing successful sales strategies, and overall strategic contributions to gain maximum product uptake and reimbursement.
• Contribute to domestic reimbursement strategic initiatives.
• Requires a minimum of 25% domestic travel and a commitment to frequent travel to FMI headquarters.
• Other duties as assigned.
• M.D. or Ph.D., with a specialty in oncology or hematology-oncology
• Board certified in oncology or hematology
• Clinical training in oncology or hematology-oncology
• Prior work experience, either in the life sciences industry or in a clinical setting fine
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully with multiple functions
• Demonstrated ambassador experience
• Strong oral, written, and presentation skills with a thorough understanding of current medical oncology practice and the willingness to learn new areas of oncology
• Ability to interpret genomic, clinical, and efficacy data, including the strengths and weaknesses of study design and the applications of results to standard of care and clinical practice
• Deep understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to values at FMI: passion, patients, innovation and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.