Our Medical team’s culture of curiosity and service supports its mission to ensure that each patient receives the right treatment for their unique cancer.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Senior Manager, Medical Science Liaison develops and expands a strong network of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) to support FMI’s commercial and scientific objectives. The position is responsible for initiating and sustaining an exchange of scientific information with key external customers and internal teams, such as by conducting scientific presentations to health care providers, with the goal of emphasizing the strengths of FMI’s existing products as well as with future development initiatives.
• Identify potential stakeholders and partners within assigned region(s) including, but not limited to, KOLs, clinical and research leaders, academicians, clinicians, medical directors, and other health care providers.
• Provide support and education regarding disease state awareness and FMI clinical data to stakeholders.
• Facilitate education regarding FMI products in the hematology, oncology, and pathology communities as a scientific expert through presentations and scientific exchange.
• Facilitate FMI’s involvement in national, regional and local scientific forums, including symposia, tumor boards, and training meetings.
• Contribute to scientific messaging for promotional materials.
• Develop and create materials such as slide decks, training materials, white papers, monographs, case report summaries, and clinical synopses.
• Maintain medical affairs initiations and interactions by liaising and exchanging scientific information with physicians and KOLs in oncology and pathology settings.
• Integrate efforts with Medical Affairs for organization of scientific advisory boards, key opinion leader management, coordination of clinical trials, and execution of publication strategy.
• Gather market intelligence on competitor products and new products in development.
• Provide strategies to develop advocates for FMI and its products.
• Provide prompt response to scientific and genomic inquiries from health care providers.
• Assist with identification of investigator-initiated studies, guiding through the approval process and monitoring study progress.
• Travel within assigned territory (daily), and to company meetings (bi-annually).
• Travel within the designated region 70+% of working time and outside the designated region up to 5% of working time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree in medicine or genetics-related field
• Prior professional experience in an academic and/or life science setting
• PhD, MD, or PharmD
• 1+ years of work experience as a Medical Science Liaison in a diagnostic, biotech, pharmaceutical, or other life sciences company
• History of success maintaining relationships with key health care professionals and staff (thought leaders, KOLs, and others) to drive strategic sales and marketing solutions and leverage customer relationships for increased market share
• Expertise in market analysis, market access strategy, and territory planning
• Residing or plan to relocate to assigned geography
• Familiarity with CLIA, LDT, Sunshine Act (2013), AdvaMed Guidelines
• Understanding of principal cancer patient management algorithms and clinical utility of laboratory-developed molecular tests
• Strong business acumen
• Willingness to travel often and on relatively short notice
• Exceptional communication skills and experience training and teaching others
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Shakti, Foundation Medicine’s Senior Director of Pathology, and Senior Associate Medical Director, discusses the direct link between his daily work and making a positive impact for people with cancer. Hear a about a day in the life of a Pathologist at Foundation Medicine.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!