About the Job
FMI has an outstanding opportunity for an Alliance Management professional to manage and support FMI’s international partnerships, primarily in Switzerland, China and Japan. The successful candidate will be highly collaborative, able to work broadly across the organization and cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders, most notably the International Core Team, Corporate Program Management, Business Development, Technology, Legal, Regulatory, Quality and Global Operations. The Alliance Manager will be responsible for partner communication and coordination, both to ensure delivery on existing commitments and to manage partnership expansion as the product portfolio grows. The individual in this role will need to exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong tactical thinking, and the ability to navigate the organizational cultures and teams at both FMI and international partners. The Alliance Management professional will work on a variety of different programs and enjoy the opportunity to advance projects in the context of a vibrant global environment and a rapidly evolving field. The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced international environment will be critical to success.
• Serve as key proactive point of contact in managing day-to-day ex-US partnership needs, focusing on both internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead or participate in partner meetings.
• Lead as or represent Alliance Management in selected cross functional working groups and sub-working groups within the International Core Team (ICT), focusing on alignment, execution, coordination and streamlining of international activities.
• Maintain subject matter expertise on China HGRAC applications, assist Alliance Management & Business Development account leads on their project discussions with biopharma partners related to China filings and play a critical role in internal alignment with other internal stakeholders on delivery requirements
• Coordinate ICT meetings including scheduling, agenda setting, pre-reads, keeping minutes, and archiving of minutes.
• Develop, manage, and expand relationships with stakeholders in partner organizations.
• Coordinate efforts across internal and external organizations to ensure that partnership goals are achieved, and governance processes are respected.
• Provide support to Director, International Alliance Management for planning and participation in selected governance meetings, with minutes and agendas as applicable.
• Articulate partnership vision; understand partnership projects in context of corporate strategy.
• Communicate complex information clearly, setting and reinforcing boundaries externally, in the context of ex-US partnerships.
• Proactively identify and raise issues; develop and provide recommendations for resolutions.
• Act as point of internal and joint escalation, when possible resolving issues without further escalation.
• Develop understanding for all contracts pertinent to assigned partnership area(s) and participate in contract drafting discussions.
• May participate in creation of and review of partnership scorecard and lead health check process as it relates to specific aspects of the partnership .
• Other projects as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4+ years of experience in the life sciences or biopharmaceutical industry or at an academic research center
• 2+ years in a business development, project management, or alliance management function
• Track record of having managed successful partnerships, as well as a desire and ability to perform both at a strategic leadership level as well as in a hands-on capacity.
• Advanced Degree in a scientific or relevant business discipline is a plus
• Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in the planning and execution of projects, ideally across matrix setups and geographical territories
• Experience working on international projects, particularly in Asia and Europe
• Ability to navigate and communicate across organizations with different cultures & priorities
• Exceptional listening, speaking and writing skills
• High level of attention to detail and nuance
• Ability to travel 20% or more, particularly to Asia
• Sensitivity to cross cultural nuances
• Impeccable judgment and the ability to work independently
• Demonstrated history of proactivity, taking initiative, and driving to results
• Strong organizational skills in order to maintain a high level of productivity, innovation, and setting priorities in order to complete assignments in a timely manner
• Comfortable with ambiguity but striving to shape clarity as initiatives develop
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Passion for contributing to a transformation in cancer care – strong drive, sense of initiative and commitment to mission
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.