ABOUT THE JOB
The Manager, Corporate Development works collaboratively to guide FMI through the process of evaluating and establishing strategic partnerships, licensing opportunities, mergers and acquisitions, and other opportunities to internalize innovation at FMI. The position relies on a background in analytics and forecasting to assess the competitive landscape and then lead and align cross-functional teams on executing on these external opportunities. The candidate will leverage expertise in the biopharmaceutical and diagnostics industries to provide knowledge and tactics to stakeholders on how to achieve the company’s vision. The Manager, Corporate Development will work with senior members of the Corporate Development team to assess and execute on these opportunities and with the Corporate Strategy & Portfolio Planning team to evaluate partnerships in light of FMI’s corporate strategy.
· Lead cross-functional teams through the successful scoping and evaluation of key strategic initiatives and partnerships, including licensing opportunities and M&A activities.
· Manage relationships with external partners, including supporting senior members of the Corporate Development team on transactions, and provide updates to cross-functional teams internally.
· Track Corporate Development activities and maintain the team deal funnel.
· Facilitate timelines and gather and analyze input for strategic initiatives.
· Align Corporate Development activities to FMI’s corporate strategy.
· Manage and perform detailed qualitative and quantitative analyses to support the company with strategic business thinking (e.g., prioritization, scenario analysis, business case creation, and market research).
· Support early M&A and investment diligence in collaboration with the broader Roche Group (including Roche Partnering, and Roche M&A).
· Support the preparation of management presentations to be presented to senior staff and executives.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years of prior work experience in analytics, business / corporate development or market research in diagnostic, biotechnology, life science, pharmaceutical, medical device, or healthcare technology industry
· Bachelor’s Degree in biochemical science, technology, biotechnology, or an equivalent scientific or business/analytical field
· Master’s Degree or other advanced level of education
· 6+ years of life science/pharmaceutical/healthcare industry experience (whether working directly at such companies, or providing services to them working at a consulting firm or investment bank)
· Strong familiarity with healthcare language and terminology
· Experience working with external partners and leading or participating in deal negotiations
· Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, including experience building financial models (e.g. DCF, SOTP), forecasting, and running/interpreting advanced analyses (e.g. clustering, SWOT, Monte Carlo simulations)
· History of successfully leading cross-functional teams through strategic analyses and competitive analyses
· Excellent interpersonal skills including strong collaboration and communication skills with a variety of audiences (levels, functions, backgrounds)
· Demonstrated self-sufficiency, creative problem solving, and ability to execute in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
· Business acumen and comfort dealing with ambiguity
· Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive company matters
· Commitment to FMI’s values: innovation, patients, collaboration, and passionRequires travel 10 – 20%
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.