About the Job
The Manager, Data Reporting oversees medical reporting for FMI’s pharmaceutical and academic research partners and directly supervises the Data Reporting team. This role serves as a key liaison between Clinical Operations, Data Operations and FMI Information Technology teams.
• Lead the Data Reporting team and direct work allocation, project oversight, task assignments, and prioritization.
• Manage and develop direct reports, supporting ongoing professional development and growth, and perform applicable evaluation, hiring, and day-to-day management.
• Manage review and approval of new data reporting specifications for our research partnerships.
• Manage daily reporting requirements.
• Act as key internal point of contact for internal Information Technology teams to propose, prioritize, test, and implement improvements to internal data reporting applications.
• Support team messaging with respect to technology updates.
• Support team messaging with respect to corporate updates.
• Develop scalable solutions to enhance data reporting processes.
• Support development and maintenance of Data Operations Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions.
• Assist with prioritization of data reporting deliverables and technology requests.
• Provide point of escalation support to team.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific or related field
• 5+ years of professional data management or project management experience in an academic, life sciences, or Contract Research Organization (CRO) environment involving management of clinical data
• 2+ years of work experience managing or leading a team
• 7+ years of professional experience in scientific data management in all phases of project design and analysis
• Excellent communication skills, including ability to diffuse difficult conversations
• Knowledge of and experience working within Good Clinical Practice (GCP), International Conference on Harmonization (ICH), and other regulatory standards
• Proven ability to manage projects and/or resources
• Experience with multi-disciplinary scientific data management approaches, including project planning, user training, managing audit of transfers by external stakeholders
• Familiarity with oncology, molecular biology, genetics, and/or bioinformatics
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Demonstrated ability to:
· Quickly learn new software/technology
· Collaborate with peer groups in a way that facilitates strategic and tactical planning for excellent interaction with outside collaborators and clients
· Perform assignments with minimal supervision
· Work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
· Prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
· Handle multiple tasks at once and work in a fast-paced environment
· Adapt to changing procedures, policies and work environment
• Demonstrated integrity
• Commitment to values held at FMI: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.