Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The IT Governance Manager, Information Technology collaborates with strategic partners across the organization to prioritize and accelerate delivery of process and programs to support ongoing efforts of enterprise enablement. The role relies heavily on a blend of traditional project management practices with emphasis on organizational change management, strategic planning and focus on ensuring ongoing alignment between IT department activities and corporate objectives.
• Lead governance initiatives that are fully aligned to deliver value across FMI:
· Build successful stakeholder relationships within IT and across FMI by developing a keen understanding of business needs and acting as trusted advisor.
· Lead process maturity efforts across IT (processes, policies).
· Establish programs to identify and drive adoption for policy: data retention policy, cloud governance, tools governance.
· Identify team commitments and execute upon initiatives to ensure that teams are delivering upon their commitments.
· Partner with the team in identifying and removing roadblocks and in leveraging organizational resources to improve delivery capacity.
· Perform neutral facilitation of work responsibilities and ensures all work is completed.
· Facilitate discussion, decisions making, and conflict resolution as needed.
· Support Cloud Governance efforts to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations and increase collaboration with stakeholders across FMI.
· Coach members of the team as needed to optimize team efficiency.
· Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
• Initiative Planning and Management:
· Define scope, plan, and schedule for regular and timely delivery of value.
· Organize and lead project status and working meetings at established intervals.
· Prepare and distribute progress reports on projects to applicable stakeholders.
· Manage risks mitigation and issue resolution as they arise.
· Address and correct deviations from plans.
· Manage expectations of cross-functional stakeholders including senior leadership.
· Perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
• Support the Assoc. Director, IT Governance in managing stakeholder expectations for deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of IT portfolio governance (from intake to delivery).
• Represent the program to all stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of delivery, assisting in external communication and initiatives to improve transparency.
• Maintain availability to work outside of a regularly scheduled shift.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of experience in project management (managing projects and/or applying Scrum methodologies to managing projects)
• Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a similar field
• Certification in Agile Program Management, Certified Scrum Master or Project Management Professional or similar credentials
• Certification in ITIL or other IT Governance frameworks
• Experience with enterprise-level change management
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience with process engineering and requirements gathering frameworks
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, ServiceNow, Smartsheet, Atlassian tools
• Ability to leverage technical background in highly-credible leadership to development teams and to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
• Strong knowledge of and skill implementing servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels, including the executive level
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.