Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Manager, Materials Management role within the Global Supply Chain Organization is responsible for managing the workflows and successful execution of daily incoming reagents and consumables inventory for FMI’s regulated laboratories. The operations which this position manages include, but are not limited to, receiving, quarantine, storage, cycle counting, control, and distribution of all regulated and non-regulated supplies; the Quality Systems Regulation (QSR) Kit manufacturing process; inbound and outbound packages; and general maintenance of loading dock and storerooms. This position leads a Materials Operations Team and builds and leads a team of supply chain specialists to ensure on time availability of supplies to support laboratory operations. This role partners closely with others in the Supply Chain function to ensure adherence to regulated workflows and accuracy of inventory transactions.
This is a regulated position and additional information may be available from QA on the qualifications for this role pertaining to regulatory guidelines.
• Build a team of Supply Chain Specialists and assign daily inventory management workflows.
• Lead planning of daily receiving, QSR kit inventory, samples, general inventory, and Non-Good Manufacturing Practices (non-GMP) packages.
• Conduct regular meetings with laboratory stakeholders to calibrate their needs and to anticipate changes in demands and process.
• Address back-order supply challenges by:
• Build, improve, and harmonize Manage Logistics and Distribution business processes at site and across the global network.
• Provide metrics on consumption and trend analysis to lab stakeholders using Maximo and other inventory tracking tools.
• Manage requests from customer groups for replenishment and packages in a timely manner meeting GMP.
• Adhere to established Facilities Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in inventory, health and safety.
• Ensure team adherence to regulated records, GMP, CLIA and QSR requirements.
• Ensure communication responses to customer lab groups for materials requests.
• Conduct team meetings discussing materials metrics and other materials-related matters on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Conduct monthly, quarterly and annual financial counts for the whole site and work with the Finance Team on discrepancy investigations.
• Work closely with Accounts Payable to navigate Invoice discrepancies.
• Maintain adherence to environmental and health safety guidelines and policies.
• Respond to daily requests via ticketing request system in a timely manner and utilize system to update status changes of inventory and non-GMP requests.
• Conduct weekly inventory counts and report on consumption to assist with demand planning; communicate requisition status and delayed shipments.
• Maintain a robust and accurate inventory within Maximo of regulated supplies and assist in generation of reports on consumption.
• Create requisitions for inventory based on demand calculations and benchmarks.
• Conduct daily and weekly audits of received inventory Purchase Orders (POs) to ensure Accounts Payable accuracy.
• Investigate PO receipt discrepancies and suggest improvements to prevent reoccurrence.
• Create Non-Conformance Reports and take steps for their resolutions, implementing changes with team to eliminate reoccurrence.
• Maintain stockroom organization and ensure timely replenishment to shelved inventory bin locations.
• Incorporate new inventory materials into existing process workflows.
• Author Purchasing Specifications for new inventory materials within Master Control.
• Manage return to vendor process from Return Materials Authorization (RMA).
• Conduct 5S checks and maintain overall maintenance standards of the dock and stockrooms.
• Manage sample waste stream adherence to established First-In-First Out (FIFO) disposal SOPs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma, General Education Degree, Associate Degree
• 5+ years of professional experience managing inventories
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of progressive experience managing inventories within a life science organization
• 5+ years of leadership experience
• Experience in shipping and receiving within good manufacturing practice validated environments
• Experience in working with an enterprise resource planning inventory system
• Competency in Inventory and Material Management or similar systems
• Strong understanding of business priorities and ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to work in a laboratory environment in the presence of chemicals and reagents
• Competency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
• Strong problem-solving skills demonstrated through a history of analyzing and developing solutions in coordination with lab stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal skills that include effective use of written and oral communication and collaboration
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!