About the Job
The Manager, Strategic Initiatives (BioPharma) is part of a growing team focused on translating thoughts into actions, and actions into results. With a focus on creating and improving customer value, the Manager is accountable for multiple initiatives supporting the BioPharma business and its continued growth. This incumbent serves as an innovative leader, partnering with key business leads across the enterprise to drive transformative, sustainable business solutions.
• Management and execution of strategic projects, operational initiatives, and transformational enablement projects as identified by BioPharma and cross-functional leadership.
• Design and carry out approaches for implementation and integration of tactical solutions with cross-functional partners.
• Facilitate day-to-day coordination among team members and ensure that teams stay on track to completion.
• Work with BioPharma leadership to assess and prioritize ideas and ensure clear timing and ownership is established for all projects pursued.
• Identify opportunities and gaps in terms of systems, people, and processes.
• Monitor project health through the effective use of project dashboards and management tools.
• Drive outcomes cross-functionally to build consensus and execute to meet deadlines and targeted results.
• Keep stakeholders engaged and informed of progress and potential risks.
• Drive escalation and resolution of critical project related issues.
• Serve as a hands-on multitasker with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 3+ years of experience in Biopharma/ Life Sciences/ Business Management
• High level of comfort with technology tracking systems (E.g., CRM), and Microsoft Office applications (E.g., MS Word, MS Excel)
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, with keen understanding of value drivers
• Demonstrated ability to bridge business and technical domains skillfully, enabling communications between business and IT colleagues
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business issues and develop consensus
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to engage and motivate
• A “Do whatever it takes” mindset with high sense of urgency and commitment to the business
• A high sense of urgency, ability to prioritize and adapt and thrive with change
• Proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.