You will quickly take on responsibility and bring your experience to the following duties, helping to make a positive impact on the lives of countless patients:
• You will assume personal responsibility for preparing patient tumor samples forhistology (cutting on the microtome and dying the sections).
• Your duties will also include extracting DNA/RNA from tissue and blood andpreparing samples for NGS sequencing (libraries, hybridization).
• You will be responsible for performing high-throughput DNA sequencing (NGS).
• You will also automated operate liquid-handling platforms for sample processing.
• You will personally oversee the implementation of projects both at national andinternational level.
• You will independently plan and perform quality controls and validations and draftthe accompanying standard regulations (SOPs).
• You will personally oversee and drive forward the ongoing maintenance of qualitystandards in the laboratory and the improvement of laboratory processes.
• Finally, you will ensure that our laboratory equipment is in full working order.
You will need to meet the following requirements for the role:
•You have completed a master’s degree in a scientific discipline.
• You have experience in molecular genetics, particularly in the field of NGS technology.
• You are familiar with working in an accredited diagnostic laboratory, in boththeory and practice.
• Ideally, you have some initial experience working in accordance with SOPs in aregulated environment.
• You are comfortable using common IT tools, particularly MS Excel and PowerPoint.
• You are a team player and are happy to share your knowledge as an expert contactperson for technical questions and to give instructions on how to perform analyses.
• You are reliable and have outstanding communication and organizational skills.
• Finally, you have a good specialist knowledge of English, both written and verbal.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
The past twelve months have been beyond exceptional and nobody can deny the impacts the global corona pandemic had on our daily lives. However, there were many positives. Our working environment had to quickly adapt to the new situation and employers and employees just the same had to accommodate to the new circumstances. Continued or exclusive work from remote has become “the new normal” – and to everyone’s surprise, it is working just as well.
Learn more from Vera , VP, International Operations & Managing Director Foundation Medicine GmbH.
Foundation Medicines European subsidiary is located within the Roche Campus in Penzberg, Germany, just a couple of miles south of Munich. Roche Penzberg is one of Europe’s largest biotechnology centers, employing around 6,200 people from over 50 nations.
In addition to laboratory operations, the site functions as hub for internal collaborations and partnerships. The central location in Europe and within the Penzberg campus allow for a strong synergy between Foundation Medicine, various national and international partners and Roche.
The Foundation Medicine team in Penzberg consists of several groups, such as Laboratory Operations, Client Services & Accessioning, Computational Biology, Quality Assurance, Automation Engineering, Project management, Finance and IT. Many of the Roche amenities on campus can also be used by Foundation Medicine employees, such as the gym, canteen, and bus services.
Learn more about our German location from our Project Manager, Barbara.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!