Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Network Engineer II is part of the Networking and Collaboration team and assists with deploying, supporting, and maintaining its physical and cloud network infrastructure. The Network Engineer works on a small team that is focused on modernizing the network to increase uptime, decrease overhead, and remove blockers to development.
• Support daily operations of LAN, WAN, and traffic engineering for Foundation Medicine Offices/Labs and Colocation datacenters.
• Create documentation for infrastructure, processes, and procedures.
• Monitor the ticket queue and ensuring availability of network services.
• Patching for Moves, adds, changes, and new spaces.
• Maintain network security, Palo Alto Firewalls, and VPN.
• Deploy, maintain, troubleshoot wireless networks.
• Assist other technical groups to help deliver business critical projects.
• Participate in 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or similar work experience
• 5+ years of experience in related field
• In-depth knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, and OSPF using BFD)
• Experience working with Cisco Catalyst chassis series switches (4500) and Cisco Nexus platforms
• Expertise in network security practices and technologies (ACLs, Palo Alto Firewalls, 802.1x, and Dynamic VLANs)
• Experience with high-speed networks (Gigabit, 10Gb, 100Gb connectivity)
• Experience with high-performance telecommunications networks (ENS and Point-to-Point)
• Experience working in a regulated environment (SOX, HIPAA, CLIA, FDA, and CAPA)
• Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (SolarWinds, Wireshark)
• Proficiency in Amazon Web Services (Transit Gateways, Route53, Direct Connects, VPC)
• Prior Experience With the following is a Plus:
• Demonstrated understanding of a clinical lab environment
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our second annual Hackathon took place virtually this year, providing our employees with the opportunity to pause their daily jobs and creatively problem solve with people from across the company.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!