Every patient sample is a story.
That's why our Lab Ops team is focused on providing physicians with comprehensive genomic information about each person's cancer. Information that's as unique as the patients are. The insights discovered in our labs may help change their story.
About the Job
The Occupational Health Nurse Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Occupational Health Program across FMI’s laboratory locations in Massachusetts, North Carolina, and California. The Occupational Health Nurse Manager provides active case management of occupational injuries, assists in developing FMI’s growing pre-placement surveillance and annual medical health program, manages COVID-19 cases, oversees the occupational health contract staffing, and oversees the FMI Ergonomics Program.
Regular onsite work at a designated FMI location is an essential function of this role.
• Maintain OSHA Recordkeeping logs, tracking and reporting on incident and illness trends.
• Be the main point of contact for COVID response, illness, and vaccine tracking. Provide continued COVID-19 support to all US sites.
• Actively triage workplace injuries and illnesses, working closely to manage the Worker’s Compensation program in each situation.
• Collaborate cross-functionally across several business organizations to control lost days from work, manage return to work conditions, and encourage healthy, early return to the workplace.
• Provide support to the EHS Department in developing a pre-placement medical evaluation program for new employees.
• Support employee health and wellbeing by building and leading wellness programs (e.g., annual flu clinics).
• Provide strategic direction for the occupational health surveillance program.
• Continue to drive FMI’s internal Bloodborne Pathogen Standard offerings.
• Play an active role in FMI’s Ergonomics Program, acting as a subject matter expert (SME) for certain ergonomic assessments, and providing early intervention for symptomatic employees.
• Manage the Occupational Health Program Contract nursing staff
• Participate in an on-call team providing emergency response.
• Travel up to 15% of the time to other FMI sites.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
• RN License, current and in good standing
• CPR/AED Certification
• 3+ years of experience in Occupational Health nursing
• Knowledge and understanding of MA state worker’s compensation laws
• COHNS (Certified Occupational Health Nurse Specialist)
• CEES (Certified Ergonomic Evaluation Specialist), CPE (Certified Professional Ergonomist), or equivalent
• Case Management Experience
• Membership in local or national professional occupational health nursing organization
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!