About the Job
The Intern (MBA), Office of the CEO, partners with the Chief Executive Officer’s office in establishing, triaging, and implementing FMI’s enterprise strategy and business operations. The Intern works collaboratively and cross-functionally both within the Executive and Leadership Teams and throughout the business to guide the company through priority strategic projects and planning, communications, and business process improvement opportunities. Leveraging quantitative knowledge and collaborative skill, the Intern problem solves and progresses key strategic initiatives in support of the company’s mission to transform cancer care.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Boston, MA.
• Manage and perform detailed qualitative and quantitative analyses to support the company with strategic business thinking, including but not limited to:
· Scenario analysis;
· Business case creation;
· Market research; and
· Objectives and Key Results tracking.
• Provide competitive assessments, strategic and gap analyses to support initiatives of the Office of the CEO.
• Support the preparation of management presentations and business recommendations to be presented to senior staff and executives, including board engagement, presentations for Town Halls and for internal and business review organizations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Currently a a first year student pursuing a Master’s of Business Administration degree
• 2+ years of prior work experience in an analytical, problem-solving strategic function
• Bachelor’s Degree in a life science, technology, mathematics, biotechnology, business or closely related field of study
• 2+ years of prior work experience in the life science or biopharmaceutical industry
• Strong familiarity with healthcare terminology
• Highly motivated, with a strong work ethic and tenacity
• History of working with cross-functional teams through strategic and competitive analyses
• Excellent quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, including experience working with project management software
• Excellent interpersonal skills including collaboration skills and communication skills for a variety of audiences (levels, functions, backgrounds)
• Demonstrated self-sufficiency, creative problem solving, and ability to execute in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
• Business acumen and comfort dealing with ambiguity
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion on company matters• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values of Passion, Collaboration, Patients and Innovation
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.