About the Job
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for ensuring accurate, efficient routine operational payroll deliverables. The incumbent liaises between employees, Benefits Team and People Team for payroll to ensure all FMI employees are paid timely and accurately.
• Perform bi-weekly multi-state jurisdiction payroll processing for exempt and non-exempt employees
• Familiar with Payroll tax laws for multi-state taxation
• Knowledge and understanding of payroll related federal & state laws and regulations
• Update and review employee and payroll records in ADP, including:
• New Hires, terminations, internal transfers, & Compensation changes
• Responsible for setting up in ADP and maintaining Child Support Orders, Garnishments & other withholding orders
• Process all other miscellaneous changes
• Ability to accurately calculate retro payments
• Ability to perform accurate research for payroll related issues and respond in clear concise manner
• Perform bi-weekly payroll reconciliation
• Generate and maintain all payroll related reports
• Communicate with employees of all levels in various departments regarding all payroll matters
• Ensure proper and detailed source documentation is saved in appropriate payroll folders
• Assist Sr Payroll Accountant with year-end reports and W-2’s as needed
• Provide high caliber customer service to resolve employee issues and questions
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment accurately and efficiently
• Other duties as assigned
• Associates degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related discipline required
• 5+ years of payroll experience
• Ability to exercise sound judgement, use discretion and manage sensitive and confidential information
• Understand the importance of confidentiality as it pertains to sensitive employee and company information, and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
• Must be a team player
• Exceptionally detail oriented, and history of highly accurate work performance
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word & Outlook and highly proficient in Excel with ability to analyze large data files utilizing VLOOKUP’s, Pivot Tables, Concatenate, IF Statements, and/or Statements, etc.
• Ability to stay self-motivated on both independent and team-based work
• Ability to be deadline-oriented, with strong time management and organization skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• American Payroll Association – Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred
• Experience with Oracle
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now & Reporting preferred
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.