About the Job
The People Business Partner (PBP) role is responsible for providing consultation and support to managers and staff in all areas of Human Resources. The PBP will oversee the delivery of annual HR processes and programs in close collaboration with People Strategy Leaders (PSLs) and People Team Centers of Expertise (COEs). The PBP will also provide day to day guidance and support to employees and managers with assigned business units and participate in and/or lead business unit specific projects as needed.
• Build strong relationships and partnerships within the People Team and with managers and employees across business.
• Consult with and advise managers on decisions related to annual people processes, leveraging best practices, and organizational guidance.
• Support managers with interpretation and application of employee policies & practices.
• Act as point of contact for employee relations issues. Practice sound judgment in identifying escalation paths to People Strategy Leaders (PSL) or People Relations COE.
• Plan and execute HR processes according to the annual program roadmap, ensuring realistic and reasonable timelines.
• Facilitate the successful execution of annual people processes and programs across the enterprise, including but not limited to:
• Partner with PSLs and COEs to create and deliver communications, training, and relevant materials to support annual people processes and programs with the goal of driving high levels of engagement, adoption, and completion.
• Provide support for unique business unit needs including but not limited to:
• Participate in and support special People Team projects or initiatives that may arise (i.e. DE&I, Return to Office, People Team improvement task teams etc.).
• Champion and steward FMI's unique values and ensure alignment with these values.
• Other duties or special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 4+ years of human resources experience
• 3+ years of experience as a human resources generalist
• Strong business acumen and working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines; including but not limited to coaching, compensation, benefits, talent/performance management, employee engagement, reward and recognition, and both federal and state employment laws
• Fundamental understanding of HR processes and practices
• Demonstrated organizational and project management ability
• Experience interfacing with employees at all levels
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
• Flexibility, comfort with ambiguity, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative and rapidly growing business where prioritization and efficiency are key
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of the importance of employee and company data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.