About the Job
The People Consultant role encompasses two core functions in support of both the People Team and the business:
People Solutions Delivery & Implementation:
• Partner with COEs (i.e. L&D, Total Rewards etc.) to determine best course of action for creating and delivering employee and manager training, communication plans and relevant materials
• Develop and maintain implementation timelines
• Enhance effectiveness of annual people processes year-over-year:
• Rapidly build strong relationships and credibility across the People Team and within the business
• Coach managers on people decisions related to annual processes leveraging best practices and organizational guidance.
• Practice sound judgment in identifying escalation paths to People Strategy Leaders or Advice & Guidance.
• Field and respond to employee and manager inquiries as needed.
People Strategy Support
Provide day-to-day resource support to People Strategy Leaders for unique business unit needs including but not limited to:
• Champion and steward FMI's unique values and ensure growing capabilities are aligned with these values
• Prepare and maintain reports and presentations in order to facilitate better visibility into organizational health and people-oriented metrics
• Other duties or special projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5+ years of human resources experience
• 3+ years of experience as a human resources generalist
• Fundamental understanding of HR processes and practices
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite with emphasis on excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong business acumen and working knowledge of multiple human resources disciplines; including but not limited to coaching, compensation, benefits, talent/performance management, employee engagement, rewards and recognition principles, and both federal and state employment laws
• Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity to adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly-growing and innovative business
• Understanding of the importance of employee and company data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboratio
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.