About the Job
The People Team (HR) Intern will assist with day-to-day tasks of the Solutions Delivery team, supporting the global enterprise-wide processes, as well as People-related projects. The incumbent will be exposed to cross-functional initiatives with the ability to build relevant experience in the areas of Project Management, People Operations & Analytics, Talent Management, and more. This position is exposed to sensitive information, so this role requires a high degree of initiative, discretion and confidentiality in the handling of sensitive information.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project based work, Lunch & Learns with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many other company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Boston, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Partner with People Consultants (PC) and People Strategy Leaders (PSL) on the development and delivery of documents, presentations and other relevant materials related to the following processes:
· Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR)
· Mid-year Performance Review Process
· Promotion Process
• Provide input into the ongoing assessment and evolution of our people processes
• Track progress, priorities, and deadlines of various projects
• Support People Consultants (PC) in day-to-day support of employee and manager inquiries (e.g. liaising with other parts of the People Team, researching for an answer, etc.)
• Other projects as assigned.
• Rising senior enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Finance, Project Management or other related field
• Experience working in an office environment
• Track record of engaging in polite, timely, detail-oriented communications at all levels
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite and Excel
• Ability to multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong listening skills and effective collaboration skills
• Highly motivated and resourceful, with the ability to work independently
• Strong interest in learning more about the Human Resources/People field
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to FMI values: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.