About the Job
The People Strategy Leader (PSL) provides strategic direction and support to business leaders through the creation of talent solutions that drive business value, increase employee engagement, empower and develop managers, and fosters growth of talent throughout the organization. The PSL will partner with People Team Centers of Expertise (COEs) to design, implement and improve people strategy and programs including talent assessment, succession planning, career development, and continuous feedback.
• Lead all people strategy initiatives for assigned functions/departments.
• Oversee and manage the execution of activities within the employee lifecycle for assigned functions - including performance management, annual salary review, STI and LTI planning, promotions, internal transfers and exits/terminations.
• Act as a strategic business partner and trusted advisor at all levels of the organization.
• Understand the industry, the competitive landscape, and Foundation Medicine’s current and future revenue streams.
• Understand the challenges and goals of the business and translate organizational strategy into people strategy, guiding and supporting talent decisions that enhance the employee experience and enable FMI to meet its business objectives.
• Partner with leaders to diagnose, communicate and advise on people trends (i.e., engagement, development, retention, collaboration) and lead the development of solutions to address challenges and opportunities.
• Identify learning needs and development opportunities for our people and partner with the People and Organizational Development COE to create strategies and programs that build skills and talent throughout the organization.
• Coach and advise leaders and managers in their efforts to strengthen FMI’s management skills and build high performing teams.
• Work with the People Team and business leaders to ensure that employee initiatives reinforce FMI’s unique culture and values and ensure that as we grow, our management practices are healthy and aligned with our vision.
• Problem solve proactively with clients, applying subject matter expertise to address complex business problems and develop creative solutions collaboratively.
• Act as a trusted and knowledgeable partner to People Team Centers of Expertise (COEs) including; Total Rewards, People & Organizational Development and Talent Acquisition, People Relations and People Operations to ensure seamless support.
• Understand and leverage key people analytics to generate insights, develop recommendations and address people challenges.
• Lead or participate in key strategic people team projects as needed.
• Manage and develop one or more assigned People Business Partners.
• Other duties pertinent to people strategy, as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development/Psychology, Business Administration, or a related field
• 10+ years of progressively responsible HR experience
• Master of Business Administration/MBA, or other Master’s Degree
• Strong business acumen and understanding of business strategy
• Ability to influence, advise and willing to offer a point of view
• Excellent communication, facilitation, and presentation skills
• Skilled at delivering difficult messages with empathy and kindness
• Track record of proactively engaging Executives with a strong degree of professional maturity.
• Demonstrated ability to coach, advise and influence leaders in ways that balance achievement of business outcomes with respect for our FMI values of putting people and patients first.
• Prior experience:
• Industry or domain experience within assigned functional area of focus
• Proactive, self-motivated with a strong work ethic
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.