About the Job
The Intern, Portfolio Marketing supports the Global Portfolio Strategy (GPS) team. This Intern contributes to the development of overarching global marketing strategies for FMI’s current diagnostic and data products portfolio and future pipeline. The Intern collaborates with key internal stakeholders across multiple departments within FMI to help support the strategy development for FMI’s new diagnostic and data products introduction to clinical and biopharma oncology customers. Areas of exploration include: product portfolio and market analysis, persona development, opportunity assessments, competitive analysis, segmentation and new product commercialization.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Boston, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Utilize and commission appropriate landscape/customer market research to understand customer needs, market trends, regulatory landscape, technology trends, identification and assessment of significant growth opportunities.
• Research and report competitor capabilities and initiatives.
• Support development of the product value proposition and customer positioning.
• Collaborate and partner with cross-functional FMI stakeholders in the development of new product go-to-market strategies.
• Present plan and recommendations to GPS Leadership.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Currently a first year student pursuing an MBA
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or biomedical engineering
• 2+ years of work experience in an analytical, problem-solving function
• Prior marketing experience
• Experience in the biopharmaceutical, medical device or diagnostics industry
• Familiarity with market research, healthcare marketing, and statistical or data analysis
• Ability to multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive company matters
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Demonstrated self-sufficiency, creative problem solving, and ability to execute in a fast-paced, results-oriented work environment
• Business acumen and comfort dealing with ambiguity
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills including collaboration skills and communication skills for a variety of audiences (levels, functions, backgrounds)
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values of Passion, Collaboration, Patients and Innovation
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.