About the Job
The Portfolio Resource Manager is responsible for understanding the FTE resource requirements needed to support FMI’s portfolio and build forecast plans, which accurately represent portfolio-based resource needs. The role closely partners with functional managers and leaders to analyze and interpret relevant workload and resource information to proactively plan/allocate the resources required to support portfolio priorities and identify potential resource related risks. The incumbent is responsible for translating resource data and analytics into actionable data, which matches supply of headcount to a project’s FTE demand, and to identify alternatives if there are mismatches between supply and demand.
• Drive FMI’s FTE time tracking efforts to be used for resource planning, forecasting, and capacity assessment.
• Partner closely with department managers and lifecycle team leaders for planning and forecasting project resource needs and capacity.
• Collect, communicate, and forecast project timing and resource allocation in alignment with finance so that there is an aligned view of financial and FTE resource requirements for all departments and projects.
• Ensure resource allocation is well coordinated and resource capacity is understood; identify resource gaps.
• Establish strong working relationships across Lifecycle Teams, program, project, and product owners to ensure resource requirements are clearly defined.
• Work with functional owners to identify the right resource(s) to the right assignment(s).
• Establish close partnerships with Global Product Strategy, Corporate Program Management Office, and Finance to support corporate planning cycle.
• Provide analyses and reports to FMI’s Portfolio Governance Committee (PGC) and Portfolio Governance Committee Operating Group (PGC OG).
• Ability to effectively collaborate with internal customers and stakeholders to build alignment.
• Develop and communicate best practices, techniques, and tools for resource management.
• Responsible for driving continual process improvement.
• Travel locally up to 10% of the time.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent required
• 5+ years of experience working in a relevant project management role
• Broad understanding of project management concepts
• Master's degree or relevant continuing education preferred
• Minimum 5 years practical work experience in resource management role or equivalent business experience in a complex business and systems environment.
• Utilization of project management tools, practices and infrastructure, as related to the Biotech industry
• Familiarity with project management principles, practices, and technology
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Demonstrated self-starter who is goal oriented, a critical thinker, and a problem solver
• Must be systems oriented, enjoy working with new solutions, and a self-motivated learner
• Strong sense of urgency and follow through in addressing issues
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to build credibility
• Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s vales: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.