Full Time | Cambridge | Massachusetts | United States
About the Job
The Principal Planner of U.S. Laboratory Operations is responsible for proactively planning, performing, monitoring, and assembling all details of scheduling orders and operations activities in support of FMI's three U.S. sites (Cambridge, Massachusetts; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina; and San Diego, California), as well as partner with our Penzberg, Germany site. Each of these sites are regulated laboratory operations that ensure patients needs are met. The Principal Planner ensures effective, compliant materials are planned and available upon release and over phases of the operations process to meet the company's goals and service requirements. This role is responsible for coordinating with other operations, facilities, finance, and procurement leaders to anticipate and resolve issues related to efficiencies in planning, throughput, and processes. This job is located in Cambridge, MA and is eligible for relocation sponsorship.
This is a regulated position and additional information may be available from FMI Quality Assurance regarding regulatory guidelines.
• Work closely with Operations, Supply Chain, Facilities, Finance, Procurement, Program Management, Service Requesters, Scientists and Engineers to schedule routine and non-routine Operations needs.
• Lead scenario planning, risk analysis, and contingency planning related to all Operational needs understanding the pipeline needs and collaboration with Research and Development.
• Demonstrate a complete end-to-end understanding of plan, schedule, resource process and systems by independently troubleshooting and addressing a broad range of difficult challenges.
• Lead and develop lab operations schedules to support new building infrastructure and needs across the US.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of planning resource processes and systems by creating and updating process instructions, process flow maps, and/or work instructions.
• Provide input to supply chain to continuously improve interdependent processes.
• Create and coordinate planning processes.
• Convert, create, release and coordinate plans to ensure Maintenance knows what is needed.
• Assess schedule feasibility and coordinate effectively with appropriate stakeholders to ensure a viable schedule and delivery.
• Scenario model options and schedule feasibility and coordinate effectively with appropriate stakeholders, such as Operations and finance leaders, to ensure a viable schedule and delivery of product.
• Work with Supply Chain and Procurement to assess material availability, understand needs, and execute to ensure stability.
• Network with senior internal and external personnel and represent Planning Operations on assignment projects.
• Lead improvement initiatives that impact multiple areas to stabilize and then improve the planning process using Operational Excellent methodologies.
• Lead cross functional team initiatives for new and any upgraded system implementations.
• Ability to work in a laboratory environment in the presence of chemicals and regents.
• Maintain availability to work outside of regularly scheduled shift.
• Travel internationally approximately 30-50% of working time.
• Bachelor’s Degree in science related, engineering or physical sciences or equivalent experience
• 8+ year(s) of senior experience planning, scheduling with a strong emphasis on and experience in customer service in Pharma, Diagnostic or healthcare laboratory
• 4+ year(s) project management experience
• APICS certification a plus
• Leadership experience in a decentralized, matrixed organization
• Experience in a regulated (CAP/CLIA/NYS/21 CFR 820-compliant) molecular laboratory environment
• Experience leading Operational Excellence - LEAN / Six Sigma initiatives and teams
• Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Power Point
• Experience, Knowledge, & Skills:
· Experience with budgeting and capacity modeling
· Experience understanding a 24/7 laboratory operation across different time zones
· Proven experience setting, monitoring, and publishing results on quality, service, and cost goals
· Demonstrate strong, sound judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
· Ability to work independently, as well as, collaborate with peers in a fast-paced and cross-functional results-oriented team environment
· Ability to work within tight timelines for successful execution of project and program goals
· Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
· Ability to prioritize and thoroughly follow up on assigned tasks
· Ability to adapt to changing procedures, policies, and work environment
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills both written and oral, including demonstrated ability to interact with senior external and internal stakeholders
· Strong organizational skillset
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Demonstrated integrity and a commitment to values held at FMI: patients, innovation, collaboration, and passion
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.