The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
• Integrate clinical DNA-seq and RNA-seq diagnostic assays into a unified platform that supports FMI’s product portfolio expansion, in close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers and computational biologists.
• Provide advanced scientific support to strategic external relationships with technology providers, pharmaceutical companies and academic partners, in collaboration with Business Development, Clinical and Commercial Teams.
• Lead the development and deployment of high throughput automation, NGS-based systems and workflows, as well as new and emerging genomic and transcriptomic methodologies.
• Lead a group of Scientists in the achievement of organizational goals.
• Guide, coach, direct, develop, and hire direct reports, if applicable.
• Periodically other projects and duties pertinent to that of a Principal Scientist.
• PhD in a life science discipline
• 5+ years working in industry and/or academia
• Proficiency with Python and/or Java programming languages
• PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Genetics
• Extensive experience in:
· Standard molecular biology techniques and
· The development and/or implementation of genomic assays in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP, GxP, ISO, etc.) including writing standard operating procedures, validation protocols and data reports
• Solid knowledge of molecular biology, high throughput automation and next generation sequencing
• Understanding of the practices and principals of NGS, including DNA-seq and RNA-seq protocols, and various target-enrichment approaches (e.g. multiplex-PCR, hybrid selection)
• Familiarity with robotic liquid handlers, lab automation and instrumentation
• Expertise in scientific processes and assay parameters, with history of creative problem-solving approach to inform assay troubleshooting and optimization
• Extensive research and clinical lab experience in a dynamic, multidisciplinary environment
• Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate scientific results in internal and external presentations and publications
• Results oriented, track record of achieving individual and organizational objectives
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast paced team environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!