The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
• Integrate clinical DNA-seq and RNA-seq diagnostic assays into a unified platform that supports FMI’s product portfolio expansion, in close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers and computational biologists.
• Provide advanced scientific support to strategic external relationships with technology providers, pharmaceutical companies and academic partners, in collaboration with Business Development, Clinical and Commercial Teams.
• Lead the development and deployment of high throughput automation, NGS-based systems and workflows, as well as new and emerging genomic and transcriptomic methodologies.
• Lead a group of Scientists in the achievement of organizational goals.
• Guide, coach, direct, develop, and hire direct reports, if applicable.
• Periodically other projects and duties pertinent to that of a Principal Scientist.
• PhD in a life science discipline
• 5+ years working in industry and/or academia
• Proficiency with Python and/or Java programming languages
• PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or Genetics
• Extensive experience in:
· Standard molecular biology techniques and
· The development and/or implementation of genomic assays in a regulated environment (CLIA, CAP, GxP, ISO, etc.) including writing standard operating procedures, validation protocols and data reports
• Solid knowledge of molecular biology, high throughput automation and next generation sequencing
• Understanding of the practices and principals of NGS, including DNA-seq and RNA-seq protocols, and various target-enrichment approaches (e.g. multiplex-PCR, hybrid selection)
• Familiarity with robotic liquid handlers, lab automation and instrumentation
• Expertise in scientific processes and assay parameters, with history of creative problem-solving approach to inform assay troubleshooting and optimization
• Extensive research and clinical lab experience in a dynamic, multidisciplinary environment
• Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate scientific results in internal and external presentations and publications
• Results oriented, track record of achieving individual and organizational objectives
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast paced team environment
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation and collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.