Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Principal Software Engineer on the Compliance Engineering team is responsible for building and supporting FMI software applications and related components, namely the Artifact Generator and Clara application supporting FMI’s compliance engineering capability. This position completes design, development, testing, code reviews, and development of technical documentation for products that help doctors match patients to advanced treatment options. Code created in this position is to be reusable, testable, efficient, clean and well commented.
• Develop FMI’s software used by the business, specifically the Compliance Engineering platform.
• Design custom programs and applications designated by business need.
• Lead cross-functional meetings with project managers, end users, and other internal/external stakeholders at pre-set intervals to gather information for requirements.
• Define and document architecture, functional, and design requirements.
• Develop formal technical specifications based upon requirements captured.
• Engineer installation qualifications and operational qualifications.
• Perform testing of code and work prior to implementation.
• Define and participate in software development processes that leverages best practice and supports continuous product delivery.
• Participate in and conduct regular peer design and code reviews.
• Conform to coding conventions and all aspects of the software development life cycle.
• Design initiatives that ensure applications integrate seamlessly with other programs in use at FMI, including Customer Relationship Management tools, Medical Reporting systems, billing systems and the Laboratory Information Management System but most importantly integrate with Application Management tools such as JAMA, JIRA, qTest and DevOps Tools such as Jenkins, Sonarqube, Logz.io, NewRelic, Jfrog and native AWS services.
• Participate in, and periodically lead, scrum ceremonies.
• Manage and coach direct reports, and complete hiring as needed.
• Assume ownership of the technical scope and business domain of the team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 7+ years of software engineering experience
• 3+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services or a similar cloud platform
• Bachelor’s and/or Advanced Degree in Software Engineering, Programming, Computer Science or related field
• 1+ year(s) of experience managing direct reports
• AWS (or similar cloud platform) certifications
• Prior professional experience writing software in a cloud environment with AWS or a similar cloud platform, including deploying and maintaining deployment of software and other automated processes
• Solid knowledge of HTML/CSS
· Cloud infrastructure as code (Cloud Formation/Terraform)
· With SQL and/or SQL type database technologies (Postgres/Oracle)
• Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, and containerization/containerized deployment of software
• Understanding of Agile software delivery
• Demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s own workflow
• Demonstrated history of a strong work ethic and of meeting project deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative team environment
• Excellent presentation skills and basic knowledge of presentation software
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills that include excellent skill in collaboration and problem solving with other departments and colleagues
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Passion, Patients, Innovation, and Collaboration
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.