The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
• Design and build a deployment system that automates application and configuration distribution around the globe.
• Create system infrastructure supporting the other teams in CompBio Engineering.
• Load and performance testing on the systems.
• System operations.
• Ensure security and compliance of the CompBio systems.
• Capture requirements, then develop formal technical specifications and solutions that address identified areas.
• Research key technologies and partner in driving business transformation through the adoption and implementation of these key technologies.
• Develop best practices and technology standards and help drive implementation and adherence throughout the development team.
• Help define and participate in software development processes that leverages best practice and supports continuous product delivery.
• Manage an engineering team to help drive sound engineering design, process, quality practices, and to perform acceptance engineering.
• Manage direct reports and provide guidance, training and development, evaluation and hiring as needed, as well as mentor junior software engineering and development team members by answering questions and establishing best coding and engineering practices.
• Work closely with product owners, key business and technical stakeholders to ensure FMI is building the best products.
• Ensure the maintainability and quality of the product code base by helping establish clear technical roadmaps geared toward reducing future technical debt.
• Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating capabilities into the platform.
• Maintain an agile / scrum team process.
• Participate in and conduct regular peer design, code reviews, knowledge sharing sessions, and scrum ceremonies.
• Complete design, development, unit testing, code reviews, and development of technical documentation.
• Generate code that is reusable, testable, efficient, clean, and well commented.
• Provide individual hands-on developer contributions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field
• 8+ years of technical experience in software engineering
• 10+ years of technical experience in all aspects of software engineering
• 2+ years leading a technical team with direct reports
• 3+ years of professional experience with:
· Relational databases, Structured Query Language (SQL), Object-Relational Mapping (ORM), and query tuning
· Testing frameworks
· Unix or Unix-like operating systems
· Cloud providers (AWS preferred)
• Track record of leading and managing high performing engineering teams
• Experience capturing requirements from end users and developing formal technical specifications
• Prior work experience or familiarity with compliance in regulated development environments, including compliance to regulations established by the Food and Drug Administration and the United States Department of Agriculture
• Deep knowledge of the following:
· Continuous integration and deployment
· RESTFul API development
· Cloud Formation or Terraform
· Cloud security
· Agile development practices
• Familiarity with HTTP web services and Git version control system
• Familiarity with molecular biology and genomics
• Demonstrated history of:
· Meeting project deadlines
· Working in a dynamic, fast paced team environment
· Working well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
· Successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives
· Maintaining one’s own workflow
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills in collaboration and problem solving
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Collaboration, and Innovation
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.