Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The Product Manager, Platform is accountable for the development, implementation, and maintenance of one or more platform applications. Leveraging hypothesis driven research and close partnership with cross-functional stakeholders and product users, the incumbent crafts the vision, strategy, and roadmap for applications used by physicians or patients to navigate care workflows. The position defines requirements, works cross functionally with architecture and engineering teams, and leads one or more scrum teams in bringing products and features to fruition using agile processes. Product Manager, Platforms holistically supports FMI’s data strategy through the development of an assigned product portfolio suite.
• Product Strategy
· Design and/or maintain, in close collaboration with other members of Product Development and Engineering, a three-year strategy and roadmap for the technology platform applications.
· Periodically re-visit and otherwise continuously improve the data platform strategy based on research and evaluation.
· Define and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure the health of the data platform application suite.
· Identify technical and resource allocation gaps based on overall data product goals and implement a plan to meet those needs.
• Product Execution
· Lead a multi-disciplinary team to build a suite of platform applications, guiding product execution steps below:
· Build prototypes;
· Test prototypes;
· Develop use cases;
· De-risk potential solutions;
· Create, challenge, and test key hypotheses and assumptions;
· Manage data models and analytics;
· Gain feedback and refine approach;
· Scale and grow existing solutions;
· Implement and manage multi-team support and operations; and,
· Iterate processes within the software development life cycle.
· Identify and determine when priority of product is to shift from prototyping and piloting to scaling and growing impact of a solution.
· Collaborate with stakeholders across the Technology group to advocate for buy-in and adoption by identifying MVPs, aligning deliverables, managing and communicating execution and rollout.
• Product Research
· Conduct research in collaboration with the Client Services, Research & Development and Biopharma partners into the oncology market and its unmet customer needs.
· Leverage information gained from research efforts to recommend new product offerings and/or enhancements to current solutions.
· Meet regularly with all other product management peers and technology leads to gather requirements and identify robust, scalable secure data delivery solutions amongst our ecosystem of applications.
· Other duties pertinent to product management as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Biological Science, or a technical field
• 5+ years of experience working in software product management
• Experience working with health-care applications and data, specifically in the context of data access/transfer, compliance, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
• Previous experience working with platform technologies in the support of externally facing applications, including Kafka and OAuth
• Previous experience with genomics or oncology data and workflows
• High degree of technical competency
• Experience with platform-level business thinking
• Extensive modern technology stack experience and history of facilitating discussion with engineering teams resulting in best product decisions for platforms
• History of collaborative work on team and experience sharing the vision of a product with a team and stakeholders
• Experience translating the vision of a product to achieve measurable results
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.