Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About the Job
The Product Manager, Billing and Access is accountable for the development, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions to support Foundation Medicine’s billing and financial assistance services. This role will be focused on developing and optimizing software for internal billing operations but will collaborate closely with our customer facing portals, order processing operations and third-party billing partners to develop holistic solutions.
As Product Manager for Billing and Financial Assistance, you will need to develop relationships and trust with key business stakeholders and engineering and become the go to person regarding the technology powering our billing and financial services operations. You will be leading product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, and these activities will include: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements in collaboration with key business stakeholders, defining product vision, working closely with product owners and scrum teams to develop and release new functionality while collaborating cross functionally with other stakeholders and product managers across the business.
• Product Strategy
· Develop and maintain a 4-quarter roadmap
· Define and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure success of newly introduced functionality and inform potential future enhancements
· Lead quarterly planning activities within specific product area
• Product Execution
· Translate roadmap and business requirements into epics and technical requirements
· Lead cross functional team meetings to assist teams with decision making around product enhancements and operational improvements
· Lead product requirement definition by collaborating closely with key business stakeholders to understand their challenges and needs, and working closely with product owners and engineering to translate these needs into solutions and requirements
· Develop and roll out of new functionality in collaboration with product owners
· Meet regularly with all other product management peers and technology leads to gather requirements and identify robust, scalable secure data delivery solutions amongst our ecosystem of applications.
· Other duties pertinent to product management as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Biological Science, or a technical field
• 5+ years of experience working in software product management
· Previous experience developing workflows to support internal billing operations for medical diagnostic tests
· Prior experience working with payors and reimbursement
· Experience working in a software development environment that complies with International Electrotechnical Commission specification 62304, Food and Drug Administration Code of Federal Regulations Title 21 Part 11, and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
· Experience with MS Dynamics, SalesForce, Jira, Confluence and LucidCharts
· Experience collaborating closely with a variety of business stakeholders, product owners and engineering
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
· Intellectual curiosity to pursue challenging problems and to continuously learn
· Commitment to reflect FMI’s values (passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration) and a personal desire to improve cancer treatment and care for the better
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!