Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The Product Manager, Digital Insight Delivery is accountable for the development, implementation, and maintenance of one or more products/services that deliver timely insights to physicians, patients, and biopharma partners. This product portfolio is vital to ensuring that our end users are armed with the data and tools they need, when they need it to inform treatment decisions for patients. In this role, you will partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders across teams including Corporate Strategy, Experience Design, and Medical Reporting to contribute to our decision insights strategy, define and maintain a four-quarter roadmap, and break down the roadmap into requirements for engineering. You will also work with one or more scrum teams in bringing products and features to fruition using agile processes.
• Product Strategy
· Write and maintain a four-quarter roadmap in close collaboration with other members of Product Management, Engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders
· Periodically revisit and otherwise continuously improve the Digital Insights Delivery strategy, in close collaboration with Corporate Strategy and Experience Design teams
· Define and track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objectives/Key Results (OKRs) to ensure the effectiveness of products
· Identify technical and resource allocation gaps based on overall product goals and make recommendations to product management leadership to meet those needs
• Product Execution
· Lead one or more scrum teams to build, test, and deploy insight channels
· Translate roadmap and business requirements into technical requirements (epics and stories)
· Establish a stable process with engineering leads for sizing new work
· Collaborate closely with Product Design to develop UIs and user flows that align with requirements and technical constraints
· Evaluate execution against epic and story requirements and ultimately accept completion
· Identify and understand growth areas within a scrum team and partner with the scrum master to better implement agile methodologies to increase velocity and quality
• Product Testing & Documentation
· Participate in the QA Validation process for any product or service that requires validation
· Author documentation of functional requirements
· Collaborate with the Software QA team for reviews and approvals
· Ensure that QA processes of documentation and change requests are followed throughout the product lifecycle
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Biological Science, or a technical field
• 5+ years of experience working in software product management
• Previous experience with genomics or oncology data and workflows
• Experience working in a software development environment that complies with International
Electrotechnical Commission specification 62304, Food and Drug Administration Code of Federal
Regulations Title 21 Part 11, and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
• Experience with Jira, Confluence, LucidChart, InVision
• Experience collaborating closely with engineering and product design teams
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Intellectual curiosity to pursue challenging problems and to continuously learn
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values (passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration) and a personal desire to improve cancer treatment and care for the better
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.