Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The Product Owner works closely with the development teams to execute the product vision to ensure that FMI’s products meet the needs of our business partners and stakeholders. By serving as the product owner on a high velocity scrum team, this position is responsible for understanding both the needs of the business and the applications in detail to facilitate communication between software development teams and our customers. Specifically, this role will be focused on building a new Dynamic Reporting platform to enable greater scalability and flexibility and support our expansion into global markets. Our reporting platform consolidates genomic information, facilitates medical and biopharma curation, and generates our comprehensive genomic profiling reports across our business units. This position will be a keystone team member in implementing mission critical work for our next generation product offerings.
· Work in an agile process to continuously build and execute against the priorities while refining the backlog. Be an active member of the scrum team by participating in ceremonies, communicating the user needs, answering questions where needed, and removing blockers to facilitate efficient development.
· Work with the scrum team to break down complex business needs into smaller, more digestible chunks of work to be planned according to value and priority
· Transform business requirements to clear and comprehensive functional specifications. Define and document clear, detailed, and technical requirements based on user feedback and project goals to build products and processes which meet the needs of our stakeholders.
· Communicate across cross-functional teams to execute across the enterprise by assisting with preparing status updates, presentations, project management and planning
· Other duties as periodically assigned
Product Testing & Documentation
· Document product requirements and execute upon initiatives to ensure the requirements meet the needs of the business and larger corporate initiatives.
· Coordinate with stakeholders and Quality Assurance team to build user acceptance testing (UAT) plans, define UAT approach, and represent requirements as user stories with clear acceptance criteria
· Assist in testing the application based on understanding of necessary functionality and user requirements
· Compile and own software validation documentation process for assigned products
· Assist and provide input to product management leadership to build and maintain a four-quarter roadmap
· Help track, analyze, and define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objectives/Key Results (OKRs) to ensure the effectiveness of products
· Identify technical and resource allocation gaps based on ability to execute on product goals and make recommendations to product management leadership to meet those needs
· Collaborate with product management leadership to build and track the product vision
· Bachelor’s Degree in a life science, computer science, technology, mathematics, engineering or a related discipline
· 2+ years of experience as a Product Owner, Product Analyst, Business Analyst, Technical Analyst, or Associate Product Manager in a software or technically oriented business environment
· 1+ years working in a life sciences environment and/or with software products developed for Quality or Clinical Laboratory processes
· Demonstrated history of successfully meeting deadlines, prioritizing workload, and handling multiple competing complex projects simultaneously
· Strong analytical, technical, problem solving and organizational skills
· Strong listening, communication and interpersonal skills in verbal and writing form
· Experience translating customer needs/feature requests into detailed technical specifications
· Experience working with international stakeholders
· Product Owner (CSPO) Certification
· Professional experience in Agile information technology and/or software engineering
· Experience working in a regulated software development environment, for example: IEC 62304, ISO 13485, CFR Title 21 Part 11 (FDA), and General Data Protection Regulation
· Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, LucidChart, and SmartSheets
· Proactive, able to anticipate challenges before they arise
· Basic understanding of oncology, molecular biology, and/or genetics laboratory processes
· Able to self-organize and execute detail-oriented work under deadline pressure without significant day-to-day oversight
· Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.