Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The Product Owner for the Enterprise Systems Engineering Team is responsible for ensuring that Foundation Medicine’s products meet the needs of our business partners and stakeholders. By understanding the needs of the business and application, this position will assist in forming and executing the product vision; specifically, in the area of Ordering Processing and Management. The Product Owner will facilitate communication between our customers and development team to deliver solutions that support key business priorities, provide process improvements to business workflows, and helps reduce the Turn Around Time between Order creation and Report Transmission.
• Facilitate and guide requirements definition workshops with key client application users.
• Lead requirement gathering efforts on:
· Application Mapping
• Document product requirements and execute upon initiatives to ensure the requirements meet the needs of the business and larger corporate initiatives.
• Coordinate and participate in development activities including daily standups, backlog grooming, retrospectives, sprint planning, and other scrum ceremonies.
• Answer technical questions from developers, scrum masters, or others on the team to remove blockers and facilitate efficient development.
• Provide guidance and support to external teams and business partners on product capabilities and product roadmap.
• Coordinate with stakeholders and Quality Assurance Team to build User Acceptance Testing (UAT) plans, define UAT approach, and represent requirements as user stories with clear acceptance criteria.
• Assist in preparing status updates and presentations.
• Compile software validation documentation.
• Assist in testing the application based on understanding of necessary functionality and user requirements.
• Communicate and negotiate with the business to set and maintain priorities.
• Assist the ScrumMaster in project management and planning.
• Continuously build, refine and prioritize a product backlog.
• Communicate with stakeholders regarding product and services feedback, feature requests, and gathering customer requirement.
• Analyze and track key performance indicators of existing and new features to evaluate usefulness to the customer.
• Other duties as periodically assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a life science, computer science, technology, mathematics, engineering or a related discipline
• 2+ years of experience as a Product Owner Product Analyst, Business Analyst, Technical Analyst, or Associate Product Manager in a software or technically oriented business environment
• 1+ years working in a life sciences environment and/or with software products developed for Quality or Clinical Laboratory processes
• Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics365, Salesforce, and/or Veeva applications
• Experience working in a customer facing role that required ownership of customer satisfaction, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
• Demonstrated history of responsible and proactive communication, in verbal and written form
• Experience in project and process management
• Professional experience in Agile information technology and/or software engineering
• Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Balsamiq, LucidChart, Visio, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM
• Strong analytical, technical, problem solving and organizational skills
• Proven time management and organization skills. Demonstrated history of successfully meeting deadlines, prioritizing workload, and handling multiple competing complex projects simultaneously
• History of collaborating within cross-functional teams and building strong relationships across functional areas within an organization
• History of self-organizing, effective operations without significant day-to-day oversight
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.