About the Job
The Project Coordinator (PC) is responsible for project support activities of varying complexity including planning, coordination, drafting and circulating project reports, and general project service duties. The PC assists with a broad range of assigned program tasks, the specifics of which are tailored to the project being undertaken. The incumbent in this position works on initiatives in close collaboration with FMI Program and Project Managers, project team members, and potentially with third party vendors to create a project timeline, set goals and determine what elements are needed to complete the project and then provides updates on the project initiatives to stakeholders.
· Coordinate planning initiatives, including setting up of meetings, distribution and archiving of documents, and organizing of program and project information.
· Document meeting discussions and decisions into meeting minutes.
· Distribute, file and archive meeting minutes.
· Follow up on post-meeting action items as designated during project meetings.
· Produce dashboards and reports on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
· Create and draft documents including presentations, memos, and spreadsheets.
· Maintain knowledge of departmental project status and present on this information.
· Conduct reviews of projects for action items and recommend solutions.
· Elevate risks found across multiple programs to management teams and/or functional managers, as appropriate.
· Provide project and portfolio management tool support.
· Prioritize and manage multiple deliverables and special projects.
· Manage short term duration projects as assigned.
· Provide general assistance to the program and project team(s) as needed.
· Distribute communications related to program and project plan activities.
· Schedule meetings for program and project plan activities.
· Organize program and project information.
· Assimilate meeting minutes into future agenda, circulate action plans and subsequent action steps.
· Compile and publish weekly project status reports for leadership and project sponsors, project teams and other key project stakeholders.
· Maintain point-of-contact availability for meetings on department projects and programs, and present to stakeholders on project status.
· Collaborate and problem solve cross-functionally.
• Other duties assigned.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree
• 5+ years in a role involving complex project coordination
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Certified Associate in Project Management
• Demonstrated experience with project and portfolio management software
• Working knowledge of the following regulations: FDA, ISO, CLIA and CAP
• Experience using project management tools
• Strong foundational project management skills and principles, including scope, schedule, resource and risk management
• Demonstrated success in projects involving detail, multiple tasks, and short-notice deadlines with daily re-prioritization of work
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to juggle competing priorities
• Capability of working independently under fast-paced and changing conditions
• Demonstrated ability to function independently with deadline and resource constraints
• Demonstrated experience with and working knowledge of office support software, including the full Microsoft Office Suite
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan EmployerFoundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement . If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form . (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.