Our Medical team’s culture of curiosity and service supports its mission to ensure that each patient receives the right treatment for their unique cancer.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Project Manager, Strategic Operations is part of the Clinical Operations and Data Management team and helps to manage important Clinical Operations projects. The incumbent is responsible for planning, leading, and executing projects to provide best-in-class strategic support and deliverables. The position is highly cross-functional and visible within the Medical group and across FMI.
Regular onsite work at a designated FMI location is an essential function of this role (post-COVID).
• Strategic Operations/Project Management
· Develop and execute project plans to deliver on key projects within the Clinical Operations group; proactively identify and resolve issues; develop and manage project deliverables; define and track key project metrics.
· Plan and facilitate cross-functional project meetings (e.g., team meetings); design, implement and track meeting agendas, meeting minutes and action items.
· Support the prioritization of Clinical Operations and Data Management team initiatives and engagement with cross-functional colleagues needed to drive these programs.
· Support the clinical trial file management process and associated administrative tasks in CTMS and Sharepoint.
• Strategic Thought Partnership
· Be a thought partner to the Managers and Directors of Strategic Operations, Clinical Operations and Data Management for strategy, project management and goal setting.
· Draft and help execute communication plans for program stakeholders and strategy slides, including timelines, risks and overall prioritizations.
· Facilitate external collaborations and cross-functional activities related to assigned projects as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
• 1+ year(s) of professional experience in a project management role, including familiarity with project management methodologies and tools (e.g. SharePoint, Confluence, SmartSheet)
• Advanced project management certification (PMP or equivalent)
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate across teams and integrate all aspects of business as they impact development projects, including negotiation of scope, roles and responsibilities, specifications, timelines, and resources up, across, and down in the organization
• History of influencing within a complex, matrixed environment
• Demonstrated innovative and flexible approach to leadership, problem solving, and collaboration
• Demonstrated ability to drive a strategy supported by the broader organization
• Knowledge of and work experience with FDA regulated products
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced rapid growth organization with a certain degree of ambiguity
• Expert project management skills and principles, including scope, schedule, resource, risk management, and experience using project management tools
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong leadership, negotiation and conflict management skills
• Strong sense of personal accountability and an unyielding commitment to high quality outcomes
• Comfort in front of all levels of the organization, as well as external customers
• Deep understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to FMI values: Passion, Patients, Innovation and Collaboration
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Shakti, Foundation Medicine’s Senior Director of Pathology, and Senior Associate Medical Director, discusses the direct link between his daily work and making a positive impact for people with cancer. Hear a about a day in the life of a Pathologist at Foundation Medicine.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!