Full Time | Boston | Massachusetts | United States
About Foundation Medicine
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
About the Job
The Project Specialist collaborates with Project Team Leads to organize and motivate Agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The position leads Agile transformation and manages several concurrent high visibility projects using Agile methods that may cross multiple areas on the broader Information Technology Team.
The Project Specialist supports FMI by collaborating with other Project Team Leads in organizing and motivating Agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The Project Specialist is a passionate change agent who is motivated by success in leading an Agile transformation in a complex environment. Additionally, this role requires strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
The Project Specialist at FMI has a tremendous impact on our ability to be more efficient with new releases and enhancements to the products that are transforming cancer care. The Project Specialist is responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using Agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business and operational areas within the IT Team.
• Team Facilitation
• Partner with and help develop high performing Agile teams.
• Work with teams to remove roadblocks on their work, and leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work.
• Creatively problem-solve issues that arise, and ensure both details and 'big picture' are addresed.
• Hold teams accountable for their commitments.
• Product Owner Support
• Partner with Product Owner to implement an effective system of project governance.
• Manage product and project stakeholder communications.
• Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables.
• Project Planning and Management
• Use knowledge and leverage team experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects.
• Assess and execute efforts to ensure appropriate level of planning and balance of agility and predictability are met.
• Confirm project scope and schedule.
• Guide project work in regular and timely delivery of value.
• Organize and lead project status and working meetings.
• Prepare and distribute progress reports.
• Manage risks and issues, and correct deviations from plans.
• Perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
• Other duties as periodically assigned
• Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
• PMI-ACP, CSM, PSM, or equivalent
• Knowledge of SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
• Understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Agile project management tools such as Jira/Confluence or equivalent, Microsoft Project, Visio, Lucidchart, Smartsheet, and all Office Tools
• Exposure to software development in a regulated environment
• Experience leading geographically dispersed project teams
• Balanced business background, technical background and knowledge to provide leadership to Project teams and to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to improvise, adapt, and overcome obstacles as they materialize, when no scripted playbook is available
• Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands
• Understanding of HIPAA and the importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI's values: passion, patients, innovation, and collaboration
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Plan Employer
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Our recent Hackathon brought our colleagues from all departments and regions together to create & innovate.
Our Data and Tech teams are growing. Hear from the teams about why they chose Foundation Medicine and why they stay.
Curious how you can help? Good. Curiosity is our most important requirement.