Our Medical team’s culture of curiosity and service supports its mission to ensure that each patient receives the right treatment for their unique cancer.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Coordinator, is responsible for supporting FMI’s Publications Committee with its review process, including tracking timelines for deliverables, organizing calls and meetings, liaising with all levels of internal staff, and managing all related details.
• Track and monitor author submissions and Disclosure Committee members’ approvals for external publications, including manuscripts, presentations, abstracts, and scientific posters using Datavision.
• Communicate approaching deadlines and follow up with internal and external stakeholders as appropriate.
• Provide support for congress and manuscript submissions, including gathering any disclosure forms as needed.
• Act as a liaison between authors and the Disclosure Committee.
• Update conference calendar with conference dates, submission deadlines.
• Manage content for the Disclosure Committee team site on FoundationHub.
• Write ad hoc communications, including Executive Team biographies and awards nominations.
• Manage and coordinate pre-conference information, including acceptances, presentation times and locations.
• Archive conference publications on Brandfolder.
• Produce complex documents and maintain databases.
• Assist the Medical and Scientific Review Team with the implementation of new procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree
• 1+ year(s) of experience in an administrative support function
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2+ years of experience in an administrative support function, supporting at least 5 people
• Experience effectively managing multiple priorities and working under pressure, problem-solving, and making adjustments
• Experience working within a laboratory environment or the life sciences industry
• Ability to summarize and communicate complex information in varied written formats to internal and external recipients
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members
• Ability to provide a high level of service and staff training to meet expectations
• Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other web-based applications
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Effective time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented with excellent prioritization and organizational skills
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of patient data privacy
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, innovation and collaboration
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Shakti, Foundation Medicine’s Senior Director of Pathology, and Senior Associate Medical Director, discusses the direct link between his daily work and making a positive impact for people with cancer. Hear a about a day in the life of a Pathologist at Foundation Medicine.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!