About the Job
The Associate, Recruiting is responsible for the front-end recruiting effort that supports hiring initiatives across several business units. This Associate plays an important part in a team-based delivery model that involves partnering with other Talent Acquisition team members to deliver exceptional candidates to FMI. The Associate, Recruiting leverages a variety of tools to identify prospective candidates. Day-to-day activities include candidate outreach, phone interviews, talent assessment, managing the active candidate pipeline, and regular meetings with hiring managers and business leaders.
• Effectively position FMI, assigned function, teams, and specific roles in the market.
• Create compelling written and verbal copy that attracts the best talent to FMI.
• Provide professional representation of FMI and assigned team or function in e-mail, telephone, and in-person inquiry responses, and maintain contact database.
• Collaborate with, respond to and maintain availability for recruiting efforts of the assigned function and team, partnering creatively with hiring managers.
• Answer questions and provide a high level of communication and service to candidates to help ensure an exceptional candidate experience.
• Effectively screen and assess talent during phone, video, and in-person interviews and provide recommendations in debrief meetings.
• Provide a detailed summary of candidate interviews and advocate for strong prospects within Talent Acquisition team and with hiring managers.
• Leverage sourcing tools, job sites, and professional networking events to develop an active and passive candidate pipeline.
• Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of individual and company information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1+ years of experience in a professional recruiting function
• Track record of working effectively in a team-based environment
• Experience within a recruiting agency or within a corporate Talent Acquisition team
• Prior experience recruiting professionals for assigned function or department
• Previous networking, sourcing, pipeline-building or candidate assessment experience
• Working knowledge of common recruitment platforms and tools, such as LinkedIn Recruiter, Talent Insights, and associated software
• Strong interpersonal skills, collaboration and relationship-building skills
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skillset
• Excellent ability to manage multiple competing priorities
• History of meeting or exceeding project deadlines
• Passion for transforming cancer care and for FMI’s established values
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.