The Intern, Reimbursement Team (Graduate) primarily supports the operations and projects of the Payer Market Access and Health Outcomes/Payer Policy Teams. The position conducts analyses of various market segments, medical policies, and professional society guidelines.
The FMI Internship Program is offered to students currently registered in a degree program. It is a 10-12 week summer commitment, Full Time, 40 hours/week. Interns will gain a greater understanding of FMI through challenging project-based work, Spotlight Speaker Series with company executives, and the chance to connect with all employees by attending many company-wide events.
This team is currently working remotely, but when working in office is based in Cambridge, MA.
Foundation Medicine is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
• Health Outcomes/Payer Policy
· Assist with development of commercial payer coverage landscape maps:
· Review health plan medical policies for comprehensive genomic profiling for top commercial health plans in each state.
· Assist with the development of a payer value story specific to ctDNA monitoring:
· Compile bibliography of commonly cited literature from Medicare LCDs and other payer medical policies;
· Synthesize key data and themes from literature that support/are needed to support the payer value story.
· Organize and catalog current professional guidelines related to molecular profiling and ctDNA monitoring.
· Other projects as assigned.
• Payer Market Access
· Assist with development of visual tools to represent the commercial payer coverage landscape maps for comprehensive genomic profiling.
· Assist with the development of a payer value story specific to ctDNA monitoring by synthesizing key data and themes from literature that support/are needed to support the payer value story:
· Compile findings in a presentation for internal audiences.
· Organize and catalog SharePoint site that houses all payer team tools.
· Assist with compiling research and data on treatment optimization:
· Conduct and synthesize research on pricing for key oncology therapeutics;
· Review literature on health economic impact associated with inappropriate and non-optimal treatments;
· Compile findings to present.
· Assist with developing resources to support reimbursement:
· For identified health plans, identify and synthesize key prior authorization requirements;
· Develop tools which can be delivered to key stakeholders (US MKTG, Sales, Biopharma) to support practice-level prior authorization submissions;
· Support development and refinement of tools to support appeal processes (e.g. Letters of Medical Necessity).
· Other projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Enrolled in an advanced degree program in a health-related field (e.g. Master’s of Public Health, Genetic Counseling Program, Health Communication, PharmD program)
• Experience working in the health care sector
• Proven project-based collaboration skills
• Familiarity with R
• Proficiency with PowerPoint
• Advanced Excel skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: Patients, Passion, Collaboration, and Innovation
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine’s commitment to bringing positive learning experiences to students through our Internship Program has not changed in light of Covid-19 restrictions. We have moved our 2021 program to be a virtual one, and are continuing to provide meaningful work to university students. If selected to participate in our virtual Internship Program, you will be given challenging work, robust networking opportunities, and many ways to experience Foundation Medicine’s culture. While we anxiously await the time when we are all able to be together again, we will not let this slow us down. At Foundation Medicine, we are driven to bring our best to patients every day and we look forward to working with the brightest minds.