The Research and Development team at Foundation Medicine is constantly pushing the envelope to transform cancer care.
Watch the video above to see how each member has the chance to make a real impact.
About the Job
The Research Associate is part of the Research and Early Development group within FMI’s R&D function. The position’s primary responsibility is to provide operational support to our ongoing next generation sequencing efforts for new technology development and biomarker discovery in the oncology field. This position will also be involved in other early research activity under the guidance of senior level scientists.
• Execute well-defined experiments to support the development of new tests in the oncology field using existing or novel laboratory methods, including NGS, qPCR, and Digital PCR.
• Process various samples types for the complete NGS workflow, including nucleic acid extraction, library preparation, and sequencing.
• Maintain and operate a suite of next generation sequencing platforms in the research lab.
• Keep accurate documentation of experiments and data.
• Identify and communicate problems encountered during work.
• Identify and communicate potential areas of improvement in the work.
• Support the other members of the Research & Early Development team.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Biology or a related life science discipline
• 1+ years of work experience in a molecular biology laboratory (industry or academic)
• Experience in nucleic acid extraction and purification
• Experience in NGS library prep, quality control (BioAnalyzer, Qubit, Tapestation etc), Illumina sequencing
• Working knowledge of PCR assays
• Ability to perform careful, detail-oriented work under deadline pressure
• Strong interpersonal skills, including effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Works well independently, and in a team setting
• Understanding of HIPAA and importance of privacy of patient data
• Commitment to reflect FMI’s values: passion, patients, collaboration, and innovation
Please be aware that Foundation Medicine mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees regardless of work location. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
Confidence, or the belief that we need to check every box before applying for a job, can sometimes hold us back from going after a role that inspires us. At Foundation Medicine there's no such thing as the 'perfect' applicant, and our company is a place where every employee can make an impact and continue to grow whatever background they may have or path they may have taken. So, as long as you meet the basic qualifications for a role, please apply if you see a position that would make you excited to come into Foundation Medicine every day and help us transform cancer care.
Internal applicants, please use your FMI email address.
Thank you for sending this job to your friend.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Enter your details and we will notify you when new roles that might be a fit are posted!